Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 07:59 PM
Large Rat

I've been in DaP for a while and for the most part people tip well enough. I'm a little miffed when someone asks me to come to them, has 100k+ worth of gear and gives me 20p but I say nothing and move on.
I have done free trips for everyone who has ever asked for whatever reason.
I've also unintentionally ghosted a couple people when crashing on zone then encountering that damned log-in bug.
Monks giving me 3-4 dots is OK but as someone who also has a monk, I keep port money on me.

1pp per level is totally OK. If you wanna pay more then I am not gonna complain. If you wanna pay less then I am not gonna complain.

At the end of the day bear in mind that the DaP member you see sitting in WC or OT or wherever is putting their own time aside to do you a favor in the hopes you'll be a decent person and remunerate them accordingly.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

My opinion is this;

Free - ill do it, but you better not be demanding.
10pp - basically as good as free
20pp - barely better than free
30pp - still feels a little cheap, but im happy to help
40pp - feels pretty good, if i could get 40pp from everyone, Id be happy with it
50pp - feels good, makes porting worth while
60pp - finally feel like im getting what i truly deserve
+70pp - this happens so rarely, i can probably only count a handful of times ive gotten this much for over a thousand ports

I never ask how much people are paying before I port them. I also never complain how much I get. I would say typically, im getting about 25pp to 30pp per port on average.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:54 AM
Aviak

i feel like 1pp per level seems to be the most appropriate for most people, but tip what you are comfortable with. if you're a big baller don't be holdin' out on plat
Old 09-11-2020, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

Monk main, I had my druid in DAP for a while during leveling up to 44. I usually tip 50p or 5 dots (carry a couple stack specifically for tips).

As a porter, I received everything from 15 to 30pp from people that were completely new to server and people that were geared up in top tier guilds. 30 to 50 seems average and I did one time receive a Crystal Spider Eyes for a port. Also I have given people spells like Wandering Mind or other spells or items worth 100 to 200pp as a tip when I had nothing on me.

I honestly think 50pp is more than enough. Sure you might get 20pp but it averages out pretty well in the end when you get those rides where 3 or 4 people are going together and in a hurry to FTE or whatever.

Tip to you young DAP; if you can, bind at HH in overthere. It's not hard to get to, just harmony or invis past the cliff golem and harmony past the foreman. If you follow the spawn windows and go to HH when big targets in window, you can make a hell of a lot of plat fast taking people to CS or WL.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:50 AM
Kobold

I tip 30 pp. Always have, always will.
People bitch about classic on P99. People tipped 30pp when EQ came out. That was the price, no more, no less.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 09-11-2020, 04:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no the weigth restriction is not a valid excuse
Yes, yes it is. Any monk worth his salt is not going to be walking around with tons of plat. If I have more than 20 plat on me at any one time it's a christmas miracle. I specifically carry a stack of dots to pay for ports and then replenish that stack from a reserve in the bank.

Porting is just providing a service. No more, no less. It's not you being mother teresa shepherding the wayward souls across all corners of norrath. You're the equivalent of a pizza delivery driver, pretty nice but ultimately replaceable.

I love DAP, at this point I've gotten so many ports from jaydee I've probably put 1 or 2 of his little druid children through norrath community college. The "standard" of 1pp per level is arbitrary. Saying a level 20 should pay 20pp or a level 30 should pay 30pp each time they ask a non-guildy for a port is expecting too much. Imo it's much more reasonable to say something along the lines of 1-20 (depending on character gear twinkage) free, 21-44'ish 15-20p, and 45+ 30p. And like I said if they go over and above or you are rich and feel like it drop them even more.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:58 AM
Large Bat

Why would you need ports? Just run everywhere.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

im in DAP, and the guild charter has two main rules: if not anon/role you must process the request if asked, and you should NEVER ask for money. i never expect a tip, but i wont respond to port tells if im anon/role
Old 09-11-2020, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tip 30 pp. Always have, always will.
People bitch about classic on P99. People tipped 30pp when EQ came out. That was the price, no more, no less.
Do you sell all the items you get at classic prices too?
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 09-11-2020, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

I usually just say where I'm at, where I'm going, and what I'm offering. Never had anyone turn me down, and I'm broke so it's usually 2-3 dots I offer unless I happened across a HG or something on my way to the rings and then I'll toss that plat on top. Also helps that I'm usually at the source ring so I just watch the port-in spot and hit the next druid I see appear.

"wc rings to bb 20p?"

-Mcoy
Closed Thread