Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 10:41 PM
Skeleton

Default I just lost a bunch of gear - any ways to fix?

I'm an 18 Cleric on Green (name is Piast) who decided to switch to warrior. I spent most of my cash (~200pp) on a set of banded armor, bronze bp/helm, and an obsidian scimitar. I tried to transfer to the alt by dropping the bags on the ground and logging in the alt - this used to work back when I played - but the gear all disappeared.

No idea what happened. Maybe some stole it (it was in an out of the way area but who knows?), maybe it poofed. Anyways, now I have no cash, AND no gear lol.

Any good advice on coming back from this? It's really demoralizing. Maybe there's a good way to make cash quickly as a cleric, or a quest of some sort I'm not thinking about? I don't expect the GMs will do anything to help; I did petition in game and on the forums but so far no reply.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Have you sent anyone to visit king ak'anon in the gnome city? You should try that, even with an alt, usually he does official proclamations and things.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamprey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm an 18 Cleric on Green (name is Piast) who decided to switch to warrior. I spent most of my cash (~200pp) on a set of banded armor, bronze bp/helm, and an obsidian scimitar. I tried to transfer to the alt by dropping the bags on the ground and logging in the alt - this used to work back when I played - but the gear all disappeared.

No idea what happened. Maybe some stole it (it was in an out of the way area but who knows?), maybe it poofed. Anyways, now I have no cash, AND no gear lol.

Any good advice on coming back from this? It's really demoralizing. Maybe there's a good way to make cash quickly as a cleric, or a quest of some sort I'm not thinking about? I don't expect the GMs will do anything to help; I did petition in game and on the forums but so far no reply.
200 plat worth of items is really not a significant loss, even at low levels. If you can, try farming crushbone or deathfist slashed belts to sell to players - centurions die fast and people are always leveling alts and need those items for XP quests, which means those items will always be in demand.

As for drop transferring, that's generally a bad idea. Always give your stuff to a player, preferably a mid to high level one, and ask him or her to assist you with a transfer.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Someone could have picked it up or it could have taken you too long to pickup the items and they poofed. You have something like 5 minutes I think to pick them back up.

Clerics don't really need that much in the way of gear. Try to get some buffs in EC and kill some of the nearby orcs that drop belts that will sell for 5pp to established players.

There are also some people who were giving away banded armor to newbs... so you could maybe get a full set of banded to help out a bit too.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Lamprey send me a message in game on any of my toons, Ill help hook you up mate.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 09-27-2020, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

whats ur warriors name in game?
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 09-27-2020, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Always always transfer through a player, and ideally ask one in one of the big guilds (Seal Team, Castle, Venerate, Black Lotus, Fires of Heaven, Calamitous Intent, sorry if your guild didn't make my list) so that on the super (infintismal) unlikely chance that they decide to take your bag of banded armor you can complain to their guild leadership.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Do you think it took 5 minutes to swap over? That might be the reason. :/ Anyway, don't even let it get you down, because you didn't lose much in the long run.

What race/size is your warrior? We have some bits and bobs left over from stuff people have donated to the ol' guild bank. Please PM me your warrior's name and I'll check the mules.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:01 PM
Skeleton

Thanks everyone. I definitely should have asked a player for help - hindsight is always 20/20, as they say. MY thinking was this was in Qeynos, not an area that's easily accessible and I felt bad asking people I know to run all the way there just to help me out.

The switch was less than a minute, FYI... logged out, logged in my warrior who was camped in the same spot. Still no luck.

Anyways... my warrior is a lvl 4 half elf (so medium size) named Bolek. I will reach out to whoever offered to help with a bit of armor or 2.

Thanks again for the help and the suggestions folks. I realize 200pp isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but when that represents weeks of low-lvl effort it doesn't really feel like a trivial amount, haha. It means more at lvl 18 than it does at lvl 50 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2020, 06:25 PM
Banned

protip: in akkanon the mechanical sweeper rats pickup stuff people throw on the ground because its trash
Closed Thread