Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

All very interesting. I just want to throw my .02 in here because I am bored at work.

I used to be pretty wealthy on Live...YEARS back. Now, on P99, I started a Monk 2 weeks back. I'm broke as fuck. Hell, I destroy my silver/copper on an hourly basis. Now, that being said, I've found that the large majority of people are extremely helping on P99. I've donated for a port but once when I was in dire straits. I know some of you people shit 5p, but at the time, it was 1/4 of my entire wealth.

That being said, being polite and maybe cracking a joke go a long ways in getting someone to help you. If you don't have the cash, they will understand. If you make a good impression, perhaps they will hook you up. Hell, maybe you'll help them back on a CR later on in life.

Anyone who's ever ported/SoW'd Phisting, if you ever need a single pull or a corpse run, I'm your man. And I still only have ~200p to my name, so I will be relying on you generosity for some time.

Kolored on Red.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Banned

Bitch bitch bitch
Old 01-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

The way I see it is this.

If a wiz/dru ports into a zone and says he is porting for donations, that is the equivalent of a bus. Someone always comes by. Pay what you think is right for a bus.
If you advertise in ooc that you need a ride, that is the equivalent of hailing a taxi. Pay accordingly.
If you send an unsolicited tell to someone, you just called for a limo. Offer accordingly.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Orc

I kinda hate this attitude, I'd rather just run than be told by some self-important druid that "I am at his mercy on CR" and "money talks"... and I usually donate very well. All a self-centered douchepost like this does is ensure that you'll be the last person I ask if I'm ever looking to buy a port.

I'm sorry dude, but you're a wizard or a druid. Porting is what you do.... whether for pay or not, it's in your character's profile. When I played an enchanter and people asked me for clarity, I usually just did it... and they usually donated. When they didn't, I didn't get on my high horse and make passive-agressive forum posts about it.

And frankly, if you played a warrior for a few weeks I bet your tone would change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're level 45 and you offer me 20p to pick you up and port you somewhere go die in a fire. You're wasting my time and you know it.
I'm sorry dude, I don't care how cool you think you are, five minutes of your time and 20% of your mana is not inherently worth more than 2% of an HBC, especially if you're just sitting in EC with anonymous off. Get real
Last edited by teganyavo; 01-26-2011 at 02:49 PM..
Old 01-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because if they said:
/t Gandite 10p for a sro port
/r I'm trying to hold my camp. sorry.

The donate bit gets you to admit you aren't busy.
^ this, btw
Old 01-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way I see it is this.

If a wiz/dru ports into a zone and says he is porting for donations, that is the equivalent of a bus. Someone always comes by. Pay what you think is right for a bus.
If you advertise in ooc that you need a ride, that is the equivalent of hailing a taxi. Pay accordingly.
If you send an unsolicited tell to someone, you just called for a limo. Offer accordingly.
i like this
Old 01-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

I also port people based on how kind they are about it. I certainly don't need a formal introduction and full run-down of their history, but I hate it when somebody comes up and just blatantly says "sow plz" or "port to misty?"

No, "plz" does not count as a genuine please in my book. Being too lazy to type out the full word actually has the opposite effect on me...it comes across as being MORE rude than just leaving it out all together, to be honest.

I will generally port just about anybody who sends me a /tell regardless of if they mention a donation or not, trusting they ask in a polite manner and I am not busy doing something else. I only respond to people /shouting or /oocing if they explicitly name a substantial amount (30pp+ will do it for me). If you send me a tell, though, I will usually just accept regardless. It is indeed some strange logic, but whatever...it works for me.

In summary, I'd definitely say the best advice for somebody looking for a port or pickup is to /who druid and send them a polite tell. Be smart about it though..use your brain. Start with EC - it's home base for porting druids, and anybody in the zone is just going to be sitting idle for the most part. Don't even bother sending tells to somebody deep in LGuk or something, because they're obviously busy leveling.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

"Donations" != payment for services rendered.

fixt version - "Porting to soandso, donations accepted!" or "Porting to soandso for XX platinum fee"
Old 01-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Aviak

I usually pay 30-40pp for a port. Most of the time a wizard or druid in his/her 30/40's will respond and happily port me. Paying over 50pp for a straight up port from A to B is over priced (unless the person paying wants to donate that much, it's his choice). Only time I could see you paying more is if the porter was picking someone up, porting multiple people or to multiple locations.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelroni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually pay 30-40pp for a port. Most of the time a wizard or druid in his/her 30/40's will respond and happily port me. Paying over 50pp for a straight up port from A to B is over priced (unless the person paying wants to donate that much, it's his choice). Only time I could see you paying more is if the porter was picking someone up, porting multiple people or to multiple locations.
I got 600pp for a port once. Nice guy.