Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

It's a dungeon, the "outdoor zone" rule for camps like that doesn't apply to outdoor dungeons. Respect the caitiff camp. To do the turn-in for the quest, you need to camp him.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 06-06-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a dungeon, the "outdoor zone" rule for camps like that doesn't apply to outdoor dungeons. Respect the caitiff camp. To do the turn-in for the quest, you need to camp him.
Logical. Is there a link from a GM that you can cite for my own reference?
Old 06-06-2020, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...6&postcount=12
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 06-06-2020, 01:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the caitiff doesn't have a static spawn point iirc (he can spawn on any point of his pathing up or down the tower)
The caitiff does have a static spawn point.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmazur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The caitiff does have a static spawn point.
On live, I'm fairly certain he didn't. I do recall on blue that he always spawned at the same spot back in kunark-era (when I camped him on p99 blue)...but I think this is an error.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

From the link posted above:

For dungeon type zones our general guideline is line of sight(LOS)/agro range. This works for pretty much everything. Couple exemptions may be Fungi King or Captain in Karnors because it's not exactly practical to camp on top or within LOS/agro range of their spawns.

Since he is apparently a static spawn on p99 and you can sit right on his spawn all day long...then I guess he is claimable camp like any other.

Still, kinda dicky to not let someone do their hand in when you have the camp imo...but you're allowed to be a jerk if you want to be without breaking the rules...this is why eq is a good game. there are good folks and jerks sharing the space, just like in life.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live, I'm fairly certain he didn't. I do recall on blue that he always spawned at the same spot back in kunark-era (when I camped him on p99 blue)...but I think this is an error.
I'm uncertain how he was on live, as I never camped him specifically before playing on p99. I can confirm after many hours there that on p99 he spawns on the stairs between the graveyard and the tower. He does wander after spawning, but there is only 1 roamer in this area (caitiff or his PH) and he always spawns at the same spot.

As far as what people should be doing regarding letting questers get their turn in or not, it's up to each individual. I turned in 2 wakazashis for my green ranger in the upper 30s and it took me about 6 hours of camping to get 2x spawns. I did later camp him some more to get crested helm for personal use and that took another 5 hours. So asking someone to give up their named loot when they are camping this is probably not going to be welcomed by most people. That said, I did leave the camp on one of my sessions so that a quester could take it over but not on another session when someone asked about it.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

Buy a crested helm and bring it with you for the guy camping the spawn?
Exchanging a named pop for their loot should be perfectly acceptable for the camper.
Or is that too much of a cost for the blade?
Old 06-10-2020, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

EBW-questers should just plan to camp the Avenging Caitiff. See if it’s camped, get on the list, camp him, do your turn in. Grats. No lawyer required.

Secondly, when I went to do my turn in, I started a conversation with the person camping him. I asked to camp it after him. When I told him I had come for the EBW quest, he said I could do my turn-in to the next Caitiff. Some people are nice like that. I got lucky. I did my turn-in and left; he resumed camping the Caitiff. Start off nice and nice people might give you what you want. I forget who it was.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buy a crested helm and bring it with you for the guy camping the spawn?
Exchanging a named pop for their loot should be perfectly acceptable for the camper.
Or is that too much of a cost for the blade?
Clever!! Definitely an option, certainly for those with more platinum than time, and worth considering for the rest of us, too.
Closed Thread