Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I continue to be amazed at the ability of people to blindly allow people to be silenced and lose their voice under the name of protecting people from "bad/dangerous" ideas. Especially from the generation who grew up in the early internet days when you could find videos and pictures of truly horrific shit and terrible ideas.

It started with Alex Jones and everyone laughed and said yeah well he's crazy so he deserves it. Now look where we are, slippery slope is not a logically fallacy, it's very real and we're living it. The sitting president was silenced and removed from the public square.

When will people realize that Free-Speech is there to protect people from the tyranny of those in power. If we allow the pillar of Free-Speech to fall we are all, including the rest of the globe in for some dark times. Put your feelings aside and embrace the bad ideas.

Do you think the Founding Fathers put the First Amendment first just because or do you think it was because it's the pillar of this whole god-damned thing?

PS: This is not the same as the bakery refusing to bake a cake. There are plenty of bakeries. There are not plenty of Facebooks and Twitters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouti...rowded_theater

Free speech exists everywhere in tandem with language; the consequences may vary but the meaning is still communicated and open to interpretation. "Once it's out there, it's out there forever."

Tipper Gore was responsible for the Parental Advisory label, though ultimate credit should be given to Prince. That was largely seen as an infringement on free speech, yet it proved to be ineffective. Musicians don't make their livings off of record sales anyway, especially nowadays, but instead through touring and merchandise.

If a public figure is disallowed from performing at a public venue or speaking on a platform, than the onus is on that person to find new methods of spreading their message, otherwise the contents of that message should be considered irrelevant to them by every listener/reader. However, if that venue or platform is so large and has been monopolized, there is precedence for the umbrella company being broken into smaller companies, which has been done in America (Bell System 1982/4, which some have attributed to delays in widespread high speed internet availability) and is likely to happen again in the not-too-distant future with Zuckerberg's Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

I like my speech to be refined and aged well and be flavored with some thought, logistics, foresight, divinity, over instinctual feeling and masculine energy.

Otherwise I'm not generally inclined to listen or pay that much attention.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Because they use Facebook is not why people dont like trump lol

I said it in 2016 and Ill say it in 2020, facebook didnt have any affect on the election.

Every election the losers are trying to blame facebook.

What the hell lol its fricken family photo album.

Are these people like, walking around having their hearts and mind won or swayed every other day, because they read a facebook post?

I have never given any critical thinking to anything anyone has ever said on facebook and if someone is, the problem isnt facebook, it's that the education system failed them long ago and if you're worried about the nation, start there.
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-20-2021 at 02:12 PM..
Old 01-20-2021, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Social media has been disastrous for democracy. I’m not sure how we ban it and retain our “values”, however. We’d probably be OK if people were educated in civics and understood how exceptional rare it is in human history for people to have many rights as they do in our society. That’s just my $0.02 anyway
What alienates me is that for 39 years, born and raised here, I have never heard people from any walk of life go on about democracy like this. We talk about Freedom, whatever that entails.

Democracy used this way sounds like an outsider looking in who has missed a key point. I have enabled you to be a more natural American, I could not bear this annoyance any longer.

"This fourth of July come on down to petes snack shack, celebrate your independence with our freedom pack"

"This fourth of July come on down to Abu Bin Abablalal eatery and celebrate our democracy!"

Have I ever celebrated democracy?
Last edited by Mblake81; 01-20-2021 at 02:14 PM..
Old 01-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Man, this video game forum is like, a quilting circle now. We're all "this new technology is the devil!" and "people dont love god anymore!"

lol
Old 01-20-2021, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, this video game forum is like, a quilting circle now. We're all "this new technology is the devil!" and "people dont love god anymore!"

lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quilts...round_Railroad
Old 01-20-2021, 02:21 PM
Banned

It's much easier to tow the line than to think for yourself.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:23 PM
Banned

Patriam, today when I get home from work I will pour myself a small glass, raise it "Here is to our democracy"

I will kick it back. Then I would like to hum some songs about Democracy, I am sure there are some catchy ones but they slip my mind at the moment. Seeing as you are a fellow American and love our culture as much as the next guy, could you recommend some songs? thanks bud.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:25 PM
Banned

I wish I could sew/quilt.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

If it wasnt for our damn youth, we'd know now! but the devil was in our music. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread