Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Kobold

I dont know how you people are so broke. Both in game and IRL. I am a fairly casual player. I have two 50's and between them about 20 days played since about March 2010. I have never farmed anything. I just loot EVERYTHING and save up all my money and as I get enough I buy WR bags. By the time I have a couple WR bags I am in to looting the FS and words/pg's/runes worth 1pp+. I continue to save for more WR bags and also xp at places to get the bags (Crusder and kill EE while your at it. Also while your there people get light burlap sacks that they cant loot and call it in OOC) and I continue to loot everything worth plat. Now with my two 50's I have about 50k in gear (cause half is no drop plannar gear) and about 12k cash sitting in bank and another 15-20k in items to sell if I ever get the time.

IRL: Not rich...$250,000 condo but $180,000 mortgage. about 10k in savings and 3k in checking acct.

I wish i could just buy WR bags in real life and loot everything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradojeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a fairly casual player.

I have two 50's and about 50k in gear (cause half is no drop plannar gear)
Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Banned

LOL, my thoughts exactly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snigel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is for the poor and unemployed who can't afford real life entertainment.

Rich people, why aren't you enjoying life?
Or for those of us who WERE poor and unemployed (or rich and/or spoiled teenagers) 12 years ago and have had a chance to live fast and hard since they got fed up with Luclin and since we heard of P99 we now sit on top of our wealth dead to society reliving the point before it all went wrong.

Or, uh, people who were CEOs when EQ first came out and they didn't realize that it was so bad, and they've since lost their jobs but still have a lot of money.. that's more like me.

EQ is awesome. You can't BUY a game like this anymore.

^Spawn Broodling misclick.. we still won okay?^

Level 50 Bard and stuff.
Some kind of guy in <Dark Ascension> and things.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, my thoughts exactly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 level 50's in 8 months is casual play. Not to mention that they only have 20 days played split between them (yeah I had some guildies PL). I dont see where the confusion is.

The planar gear I have only recently just recived. being a pally its easy to get plannar gear cause I am usually the only one on the raid.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradojeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 level 50's in 8 months is casual play. Not to mention that they only have 20 days played split between them (yeah I had some guildies PL). I dont see where the confusion is.

The planar gear I have only recently just recived. being a pally its easy to get plannar gear cause I am usually the only one on the raid.
Two level 20s in 8 months is casual play, in my book.

I generally play about 4 days a week for 1 - 2 hours at a time, often times much less. I took my time between 10 and 20, farmed a lot of HQ pelts and GLS, decked out both my characters as I went. I dabbled in some trade skills, traveled the world, and did a good deal of EC trading. I'd say I solo'd about 75% and grouped the other 25%. Never got any power leveling up until this point aside from the lucky DS from time to time. I also have a third level 15 character which I stopped playing.

Both my level 20s (monk and bard) have probably close to 3k in gear a piece, mostly self earned, but admittedly I came by a fair amount of freebies along the way as well. I currently only have about 100pp in cash though. Most i've held at once was about 500 plat.

Since we're including real life cash, I graduated college close to 2 years ago. The past 6 months I have been able to maintain about 10k in the bank, though various people owe me about 4k on top of that.
Last edited by toddfx; 11-11-2010 at 02:02 PM..
Old 11-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

2 Level 50's since Janurary -- vast majority on Virtuosos though, playing around and having fun helping lower levels out.

I have 23k in the bank, and a highly twinked mage that i need to start regearing with planar.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since we're doin this

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

^ ach acct to/from my money market
Very nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm hoping to be there soon after I finally get my DDS degree...

I'm assuming you're fairly young. Why a MM account? You've got the time to take more risk. Maybe try a solid ETF to at least double the interest with minimally more risk?
Old 11-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

4 level 50s, 3 of them in full planar.

About 170k in plat? something like that, haven't checked all of my chars yet. Plus items and stuffs

Omni, I know you've got the $$!!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabecker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm hoping to be there soon after I finally get my DDS degree...

I'm assuming you're fairly young. Why a MM account? You've got the time to take more risk. Maybe try a solid ETF to at least double the interest with minimally more risk?
i work for a boston based firm and we invest at NAV so I keep all my $ in the company. The mmkt account is just a non fid I use for checkwriting.

edit: we use for checkwriting

2nd edit: she uses for checkwriting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread