Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Default the server, loot and the way things are

for a better lack of a word is bullshit.

On Tribunal we had a rotation and we had 3 camps . 1 elitist / vagrants, 1 sol invis and one "alliance" which was bascily the smaller guild banding together for planer gear. the three plane were set on a week rotation between these intities. Gods dragons ect were shared by the two top guilds but the smaller guild were given a chance upon request . if the smaller guilds failed to kill said god dragon, they were required to send tell to the respectfull guilds "turn" forsay. It worked and worked well for 4 years.

From where i stand, I see a lot of unnessery compition and all it would take is the leaders to come together out of respect of one another and work something out. Im not gonna sit hear and be foolish tothink dragons /gods will be shared Hoever. wouldnt you guys like to relive an accually planes break? I almost miss those sumbiches shouting "DUIE" and next thing in guild you here is CAMP CAMP!!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

The problem with P99 raiding is that Everyone knows what they are doing, Everyone knows the encounters, and Everyone wants to raid.

Legit 1999 eq servers had 2 maybe 3 guilds able to clear gods/dragons at their leisure because there was little competition.

Here we have at least 6, thats just a rough number im not counting guilds im sure there is more than 6, guilds that are ready able willing and wanting to do planes everyday. I don't believe many, if any, raid guilds are willing to wait 6+ weeks on a god/dragon rotation, even with planar trash respawning every 8 hours there simply isn't enough content to satisfy the population.

Kunark will relieve the stress, not that there will be less competition for the highest end content, just more targets to spread around.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 11-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Kobold

I was in the uber guild on live, and we had ZERO desire to do any sort of rotation...

Why? Because 90% of the time we could mobilize faster and kill the mob before the other guilds had even finished buffing. Why would we agree to split a mob 50/50 when we could have it most of the time anyway.

Pretty sure that mindset has come to this server also... The lower guilds want to do a rotation so they can have a chance at mobs. The top guild dont because they get it most of the time anyway.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Just off the top of my head, I can think of 12 guilds on this server that have the strength to break and clear Plane of Fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Aviak

on VZ we had the top guild locking us out of plane of time by killing the Corinav trigger over and over. it was one groupable and then the event would spwn and have a big timer on it. competition was always there. i cant imagine on a bluebie server there was much reason to be on a rotation either though. the reason all the bluebie servers triggered the sleeper was because they wanted to be the only ones with the avatar weapons. similar on pvp servers but RZ like the true pvp server wanted to prove they were better than everyone else, not just on their server, but gamewide :/ competiton is gamewide... part of the immersion experience
Old 11-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Orc

Now it's my understanding that Karana was unique among all other servers in that it had a rotation amongst the guilds for all the major targets. This rotation was completely player created and player enforced, and it was beautiful.

My old guild, The Stormbringers, was allied with several other guilds, The Asheborne Alliance, and there were many other alliances, but the really cool part was that there was an alliance of the alliances called the Karana Council of Guilds.

All the major targets, gods and dragons etc, were shared equally among the alliances who agreed to wait their turn in the rotation. The council kept the schedule and everyone abided by it and worked together to enforce it.

Now upstart guilds would from time to time spring up and thumb their nose at the rotation and tell us "You can't tell us what to do" and they were right, we couldn't, but what we could do was blacklist them, and blacklist them we did.

No one would group with them, or buy or trade with them, or even talk to them. They would act all tough and mock us etc. but you know what?

IT WORKED EVERY TIME WITHOUT FAIL!

The pressure would inevitably get to them and they would cave and either take part in the rotation or just give up and go away.

A rotation is the civilized thing to do and it just may be in the works.

There has been talk amongst the Guild leaders and Guild officers for awhile now about this and everyone is willing to have a rotation pretty much except for one guild who shall go unnamed for now in the hopes of perhaps they just might come around.

We have much to think about and much to discuss.

P.S.
As a side note the upstart guilds were always sociopathic professional grief players and serial trainers and I am not really certain on this but I believe it was one of these groups of shitbags who left Karana when the server split and then went on to be the same group who was the target of the legendary GM who went rogue and summoned and bound these guys at the feet of a dragon putting them in an endless death loop.

Good times, good times.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now it's my understanding that Karana was unique among all other servers in that it had a rotation amongst the guilds for all the major targets. This rotation was completely player created and player enforced, and it was beautiful.

My old guild, The Stormbringers, was allied with several other guilds, The Asheborne Alliance, and there were many other alliances, but the really cool part was that there was an alliance of the alliances called the Karana Council of Guilds.

All the major targets, gods and dragons etc, were shared equally among the alliances who agreed to wait their turn in the rotation. The council kept the schedule and everyone abided by it and worked together to enforce it.

Now upstart guilds would from time to time spring up and thumb their nose at the rotation and tell us "You can't tell us what to do" and they were right, we couldn't, but what we could do was blacklist them, and blacklist them we did.

No one would group with them, or buy or trade with them, or even talk to them. They would act all tough and mock us etc. but you know what?

IT WORKED EVERY TIME WITHOUT FAIL!

The pressure would inevitably get to them and they would cave and either take part in the rotation or just give up and go away.

A rotation is the civilized thing to do and it just may be in the works.

There has been talk amongst the Guild leaders and Guild officers for awhile now about this and everyone is willing to have a rotation pretty much except for one guild who shall go unnamed for now in the hopes of perhaps they just might come around.

We have much to think about and much to discuss.

P.S.
As a side note the upstart guilds were always sociopathic professional grief players and serial trainers and I am not really certain on this but I believe it was one of these groups of shitbags who left Karana when the server split and then went on to be the same group who was the target of the legendary GM who went rogue and summoned and bound these guys at the feet of a dragon putting them in an endless death loop.

Good times, good times.
Commies.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

A rotation is....just dumb. It defeats the entire purpose of a guild. Why try to be the best guild when, regardless of who you join, you still get to kill gods?? Competition is why raiding is fun, not this hand-holding babysitting type of playing. Go to WoW if you want to be spoon-fed targets, go to any other MMO with instanced targets... Who in their right mind would wait an entire month + for a chance at a God when they can take it down already within minutes of it popping?

IB and DA have had times when they can get 30+ people in under 5 minutes of a batphone, IB dropped draco in 35 minutes (including the breakin to fear) with a full zone pop...DA will engage a dragon within 3 minutes of a spawn...what possible reason would we have to suddenly say "alright well we are taking a 6 week break from vox to let these other guilds have a chance, but we have naggy in 3 weeks so see ya then!" when no one else has demonstrated their desire to compete for these targets for MONTHS?

It causes drama, of course. IB and DA have friction due to racing for targets and getting accidentally trained or mass-starting the DT cycle 50 times or any other numerous amounts of griefing that occur from both sides...but raids are meant to be a clusterfuck, its suppose to be an accomplishment to out-mobilze and out-race other guilds, and when you do kill that god after all the excitement...it actually means something.

Rotation will never work because of this...we had one way back when Trans was still alive and one of the 3 guilds racing for a target, it worked until more people wanted to be added and all of a sudden you wouldnt see a god for a month due to these other guilds wanting a chance. I love helping people, i love being nice and joking with everyone i see...but I also love competition and i know the vast majority of players do too...this would kill it, and i might as well start my own guild up, recruit 15 people, and throw my guilds name in for rotation as well...hell, i could gear up my 15 players within 3 months i bet since i get 4 god kills a month -.-
Old 11-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuosos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rotation is....just dumb. It defeats the entire purpose of a guild. Why try to be the best guild when, regardless of who you join, you still get to kill gods??
I agree with you for the most part, but stop trying to define fun (not mention other exceedingly nebulous or self-determinate concepts like 'the purpose of guilds') for everyone.

Anytime I see one person spouting off about "the purpose of" something like a guild or what something "is supposed to be" or "is meant to be" in an MMO, I find I put a lot less stock in his or her arguments.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

The Torv server had rotation on Venril Sathir only. They also had a reservation system for POHate, POFear and POSky. Everything else was FFA. When Velious came out, all of that went by the wayside.
Closed Thread