Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 11:02 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Audio Mixing

Maybe someone here can help me select the correct product(s) to accomplish this, as I'm not an Audio expert.

Typical PC Setup with a headset using a USB Connection to 3.5 (I don't use onboard audio because it sounds like shit).

What I want to do is have a TV with a Roku, that I can hear through my Headset along with my PC Audio. To accomplish this, I need something that can take the SPDIF Out of the Roku, and the 3.5 from the USB Portion of my Headset, merge them and output into the 3.5 to my Headset.

I'm not on a budget, I don't want a small shitty $10 converter box, I don't mind paying for something that will work with 0 lag and interference. I start reading about things like electromagnetic interference, ground loops, and etc and I'm like da fuq. Also from what I read, SPDIF from the Roku comes in at 100% volume and can't be changed on the Roku side, so I need something with volume control.

So I don't know if this would need a decent audio mixer? What's the best mixer, what cables and adapters would I need.. ground loop isolator.. etc.

Thanks Pals

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-24-2019, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Do you have a Roku with a remote that has a mini phono (headphone) jack? If so you can just use a mini phono Y cable ($5 from Amazon ... or Radio Shack if they still exist near you) to combine the two ... perhaps with a long mini phono extension cord or wireless mini phono adapter.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Is the spdif the only option or is this a roku stick going into the tv where you can control your volume via the tv and use the headphone out jack from the tv? If so, then yeah a compact mixer from Behringer would get the job done. This one's on sale from Sweetwater:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...mixer-with-usb

Similar to what Mr. Moon has used in the past (I'm sure he's upgraded since then). This mixer doesn't have a SPDIF in so you would either need an adapter for that or if you're just using headphone jack's you will need a 1/8th inch (headphone jack) to 1/4 inch (pro audio standard) adapter to be able to plug into two separate channels, mix them and monitor via the headphone out on the behringer.

The great thing about these mixers (behringer being known as a low end brand generally) is that each channel has its own mic preamp and compressor. Compression is what streamers use so that if they scream into the mic, it caps the amount of output so it doesn't blow out the listener's eardrums. It evens out the peaks in audio output.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

If you want to mix virtually I think you can use xsplit but I've never set it up, only read about it:

https://www.xsplit.com/broadcaster/m...ltitrack-audio

Or for something with SPDIF on board:

https://focusrite.com/usb-audio-inte...t/scarlett-6i6
Last edited by AenorVZ; 04-25-2019 at 05:58 PM..
Closed Thread