Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 12:37 PM
Aviak

Default This thread is for /Teal/ users only.

The Popeye's $3.99 sandwich is pretty good. When you take into account the Burger King wants almost $7.00 for a chicken parmesan sandwich, it makes it even better. I don't think I'd say it does anything new but it's similar to other pricier style chicken sandwiches. The spicy sauce is kind of a disappointment, it's all bitter heat as opposed to something with more flavor like sriracha. They're trying too hard to make people go onto Twitter and say shit like, 'omg my mouth lol popeye's why!!' I routinely eat hot sauce so to me, if it can't be authentically spicy, it should at least taste good. The chicken itself is really robust, absolutely not the dollar menu chicken schnitzel stuff.

Have you ever seen a movie with those gimmick D-Box seats? What the fuck is anyone thinking? I saw one of the Hobbit movies in one of those things with the movie in 60FPS and I felt like I'd been ahaego'd by the end of it, I left the theater and had to go home and take a fucking nap. I saw Midway recently and thought to myself, for sure there's got to be at least one retard who gets a D-Box ticket. Nope. I have only ever seen people in them on one occasion. It is awful. I can't believe I paid extra for 60 FPS and a seat that literally bullies you for almost 3 hours into never relaxing. I have to imagine they have not gotten a return on the investment despite how hard they advertise it. They show a guy in a suit sitting in a comfortable chair, enjoying a movie, then they show the same guy being blasted by a fucking jet engine and looking terrified and go 'THIS COULD BE YOU FOR AN ADDITIONAL SIX DOLLARS!' Who is this aimed at? Who did the psychologists in marketing say this would appeal to?

Just an errant thought, which would you prefer?

1. Going to see Avatar 2 on premier night and seeing it with full D-Box Immersion™?
2. Going to see Avatar 2 and enjoying two Popeye's chicken sandwiches, one for each hand, on the way home?

Anyway, just an update, I'm still enjoying my Green and Teal experience, great job Rogean and staff. I hope you guys start hitting random on the awful non-role play names I keep seeing. They really ruin my immersion when I see this like Lolyoitsyaboylilkeith has sent you a tell.

OK Google, what is tamarind?
Snuggling [Shaman]
Old 11-14-2019, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDeckard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Going to see Avatar 2 and enjoying two Popeye's chicken sandwiches, one for each hand, on the way home?
Old 11-14-2019, 01:32 PM
Banned

TeaLDR
Old 11-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Aviak

Chick-fil-a spicy sandwich is better
Old 11-14-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Hope you're doing well deckard!

Miss ya buddy
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-14-2019, 01:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinklepee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chick-fil-a spicy sandwich is better
I agree, but theirs is not $3.99. Value for your money is a key ingredient, a lot of people forget about this. I think one of the cost-cutting measures Popeye's uses is the lack of the tomato. Chick-Fil-A already serves them on sandwiches so they put it on everything almost, justifiably so. Adding tomato to a menu requires a LOT of logistics, not to mention cost. Chick-Fil-A is a superior product in every way, except value. Got love for that humble tomato.

I wonder, do they cut the tomatoes themselves or do they come pre-sliced? I worked at a Taco Bell when I was 15 and the only real food prep we ever did was deep frying, opening 1 gallon cans of stuff or bags.
Snuggling [Shaman]
Old 11-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hope you're doing well deckard!

Miss ya buddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT3TJLGCtq4

You too buddy, we're gonna make it.

Keeping it weird, full power, lights off.
Snuggling [Shaman]
Old 11-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDeckard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, but theirs is not $3.99. Value for your money is a key ingredient, a lot of people forget about this. I think one of the cost-cutting measures Popeye's uses is the lack of the tomato. Chick-Fil-A already serves them on sandwiches so they put it on everything almost, justifiably so. Adding tomato to a menu requires a LOT of logistics, not to mention cost. Chick-Fil-A is a superior product in every way, except value. Got love for that humble tomato.

I wonder, do they cut the tomatoes themselves or do they come pre-sliced? I worked at a Taco Bell when I was 15 and the only real food prep we ever did was deep frying, opening 1 gallon cans of stuff or bags.
Fair points. The Popeye's chicken was much crisper than the Chick-fil-a, which may be a plus for some, but I prefer a smoother texture on a sandwich. The meat itself seemed to be of a decent quality compared to other fastfood chicken joints.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

OK Google, what is tamarind?

TAMARINDO IS THE BEST DAMN THING EVER TO EXIST on the FACE OF THIS MISERABLE PLANET.

As some of you might know, I was raised in Latin America.

Where I am from, in my small town, there used to be a guy that had a huge bat of wood, imagine a big log completely drilled on all sides, like a lollipop holder , but made of wood of about 1 meter long that he carried slung on his back.

He spent all day travelling through town selling all sorts of things stuck to the holder.

One of these was a paste of Tamarind , that had the seeds and fruit meat mixed to a pulp with coarse brown sugar and depending on location other ingredients, like spices.

You could get those for a couple bolivars or colombian pesos, but to USD it would be something like 5 cents and it was just UTTER BLISS to a 8 year old kid.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is how they look, they are still pretty common in Venezuela and other latinamerican countries , which have the same base fruit pulp with local spices.

If you never tried it before, please do, its delicious.

Here in Panama the local markets sell the pulp ready to be mixed into whatever you want, for sweets or cakes or to add to water to make juice.

It is a very special flavor and hard to describe to anyone not from here.

So please, go out and try it, its an amazing natural "candy" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-14-2019, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Which is the better glue to sniff, Elmer's or model airplane stuff?