Old 01-14-2022, 06:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is ridiculous. Please fix this.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Default Looks to be getting that fixed

Finally a response looks to be getting fixed thank you @telin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unknown-2.jpg (20.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-24-2022, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

I want to thank you all for this thread. I had stalled out at 35 on my Barb Warrior due to not being able to find groups. After reading this, I started playing around with mobs I would normally only be able to play with on a caster. Was able to start killing specs and giants at 35 and within a week I'm past hell level 45, all solo.

This is incredible!
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 01-24-2022, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to thank you all for this thread. I had stalled out at 35 on my Barb Warrior due to not being able to find groups. After reading this, I started playing around with mobs I would normally only be able to play with on a caster. Was able to start killing specs and giants at 35 and within a week I'm past hell level 45, all solo.

This is incredible!
This would mean you have means to get arrows from either a ranger, mage or vendor (purchasing)

As a Barbarian you don't have access to the Weighted Ax

And there are damage caps so you aren't going to do a lot of damage.

Let alone the question where you got constant movement speed buff in order to range and damage these mobs.
Old 01-24-2022, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Have a Guise so I can buy arrows in Oggok.
Barbs DO have access to Weighted axe.
Jboot speed is enough to keep specs away running backwards (Giants I auto run and mouse look back for each shot).
My low is in the 60s and high non-crit is in the 100s.
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Last edited by Bigcountry23; 01-24-2022 at 04:16 PM..
Old 01-24-2022, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Mroon's Toy is pretty good 2hander for bowerin. Only complaint is it looks like a staff, not a doll on equipped model.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-24-2022, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

thankfully fix is coming
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weigthedf.jpg (20.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-27-2022, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have a Guise so I can buy arrows in Oggok.
Barbs DO have access to Weighted axe.
Jboot speed is enough to keep specs away running backwards (Giants I auto run and mouse look back for each shot).
My low is in the 60s and high non-crit is in the 100s.
I did this on my ranger with sow. Your character gets auto turned to look at what you are shooting. It disrupts your run away enough to get hit by the mob without pain stakingly shoot a single arrow only then try to get far enough away again. And for a poor soloing barb you had the cash and ability purchase a these items. Why not fungi and melee then. Hell get the bandage dagger from velious cheap! The method above sounds ridiculously Inefficient.
Last edited by Botten; 01-27-2022 at 08:16 AM..
Old 01-27-2022, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

This is incredible!
I just visited this location to duplicate what you did.

Yeah you are using the water to snare and avoid aggro of mobs.

P99 changed the ability recently for floating casters hit mobs with spells in water for this reason.
I see you are taking advantage of this.

If you have cash for arrows and jboots you may as well just pay for bandage and or other gear I can't imagine your melee offensive skills or defensive skill are getting raised bow kite over water all day. Just say as before there is a better way. This is such an issue on Red because of the fact PvP doesn't use weapon skill and rather agility vs Dex to determine hit. So yeah a caster sitting while getting hit with a bow hurts.

No need to tread close to the interpretation of PvE rule of play when the damage is equivalent or lower in most cases.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just visited this location to duplicate what you did.

Yeah you are using the water to snare and avoid aggro of mobs.

P99 changed the ability recently for floating casters hit mobs with spells in water for this reason.
I see you are taking advantage of this.

If you have cash for arrows and jboots you may as well just pay for bandage and or other gear I can't imagine your melee offensive skills or defensive skill are getting raised bow kite over water all day. Just say as before there is a better way. This is such an issue on Red because of the fact PvP doesn't use weapon skill and rather agility vs Dex to determine hit. So yeah a caster sitting while getting hit with a bow hurts.

No need to tread close to the interpretation of PvE rule of play when the damage is equivalent or lower in most cases.
Starting to sound real desperate
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid