Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The EQ skeleton cackle is still tops. Dark Elf necro was my first foray into undead motifs, so it was exotic at the time. I still have the image burned into memory of loading into Neriak the first time, by the waterfall with the large evil eye, the cavernous noise pushed through a Sound Blaster Live! EAX and Boston Acoustic 2.1 sound system.

even on my crappy headphones the acoustics come thru, can't be beat lol ya I remember ty.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necromancers can do one or two of the Dragons that are fearable, but they are much more limited than Shamans, and I think those Dragons are on the lower end in terms of what loot they drop.

Necromancers are a great all around class, I agree. But unfortunately most of the tougher solo challenge mobs that drop good items are not undead, so Necromancers in general can not kill solo challenge mobs that Shamans/Enchanters could.
Challenge.....accepted.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

imagine a raid of shamans
Old 01-28-2022, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Challenge.....accepted.
Please! I would love to see videos of some awesome Necromancer solo challenges.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Everquest isn't a solo game, who gives a fuck what you can do solo. There are an infinite amount of better solo games to play other than P99
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-28-2022, 06:44 PM
Kobold

Velious shamans are like a class designed by an 8 year old. My character's power is that he has all the power! It makes no logical sense why shamans have torpor and druid's have nature's touch, and not vice versa, but it gives the game more character. For boring balance there's vanilla WoW.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest isn't a solo game, who gives a fuck what you can do solo. There are an infinite amount of better solo games to play other than P99
thats like irl but it's pretty bad ass none the less to build a cabin by yourself we all admit we watch those channels.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic EQ was always a solo game for Necromancers. They had to nerf the solo exp and give an additional bonus to full groups because necros never grouped. I went from 0-63 solo and didn't group until PoP.

Everquest is dynamic and it is a solo game if you wish, especially in a time locked era and there is so much content there is not one single player out there anywhere in comparison.

Why so salty? You should get laid or take a break.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please! I would love to see videos of some awesome Necromancer solo challenges.
https://youtu.be/1mzqZTHbkRg

There's one and you can check out the other two I have so far on YT.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:30 AM
Fire Giant

Don’t forget, most importantly, shaman are also one of the strongest pvp classes.