Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After overpaying for a fever blade it is all I use now, not even joking, the agro is way better then red blade and to be honest I'm about to bank the red blade...sad but the agro from fever / katana is just so much more reliable
i seem to be holding aggro alright that's interesting feedback though
Old 01-24-2022, 08:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i seem to be holding aggro alright that's interesting feedback though
After testing on dragons and Giants, I'm using red blade offhand mostly instead of katana lol. So I didn't bank it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2022, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

from what i understand of procs and aggro:

white damage aggro generated is equal to the full damage of a swing whether its a hit or a miss. so its not so much that low delay weapons are inherently better, its that low delay weapons can make use of the damage bonus in primary most efficiently. so will sapper should still technically be a better white damage aggro than infestation in the primary due to the superior ratio, even though the delay of the infestation is lower.

what i understand of aggro procs is that they are all capped at 400 for non class spell/abilities + the damage component of the proc (dd+dot). if the spell is resisted then you still get the spell/abilities component aggro (capped at 400), but what is unclear to me is if you still get the dd+dot damage aggro is the spell is resisted. ive heard mixed things (dots act as aggro over time... but then if they are resisted do you get the full amount on resist or none.... still not clear).

so with the exception of a SOD (and maybe BoBDE/Shissar/Trident), i would imagine the red blade would be the best offhand aggro weapon in the game due to its decent ratio sans damage bonus (14/24) + the aggro proc which i assume still counts as the full 600. that said the aggro proc could only count as 400 (spell component cap for non class spell/ability and 0 for the resisted DD component) or 500 (spell component if rage of vallon counts as a warrior spell/ability and 0 for the resisted DD component).

for the mainhand though, it seems like SOD, feverblade, infestation and many others would potentially be better aggro weapons due to the combined white damage and aggro proc. it seems like, for the main hand, the white damage is even more important part of the aggro equation, account for almost 2/3 of the aggro generated for 100% haste even assuming 2 procs per minute. the procs allow you to "jump up" the hate list... but assuming people dont engage until you have a proc or two, the white damage is gonna help you stay 'ahead of pace' moreso than relying on the procs to get you there... that said i could just be full of shit.
Last edited by bobjonesp99; 01-24-2022 at 02:59 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

Feverblade is hands down the best aggro weapon that still drops in the game. This is true by a considerable margin.
Closed Thread