Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-28-2022, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

That's a bit of an overdramatic representation of legacy items on Green. I did them all, multiple times, and never ran into an 80+ hour camp. And I didn't share my account with anyone else - I legit stayed awake through the entire thing. Jboots were typically 13-24 hours, my rubi BP was the worst (at about 65 hours). My first Manastone was worse than my second (at about 47 hours) but that's only because I was #1 on the list on Teal when the merge was suddenly thrust upon us, and when the post-merge Green came back online I was bumped back to #4. The second Manastone was closer to 30 hours.

Don't get me wrong - legacy camps are in no way enjoyable. But you can definitely do them if you carve out the time, or as the OP said you can share the burden and get them quite easily.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks, guys. I'll adjust it in a later draft. I never camped the JBoots, so I didn't know it was that short. But my experience was pretty standard at Manastone, at least during part of that era; and I did some time on a friend's character for the Guise and there were 20 people in that little room. Every time the Assassin spawned holding a dagger, they would writhe and moan and self-flagellate. I had this funny convo, though.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2022, 04:16 AM
Sarnak

Jboots camp for me was 27hrs and failed attempt, then 22 hours. Some people had been going at it for 40+ hours and some I know got it after 12, someone probably sooner than that.

AC camp or farming plat is a way better option for any class that doesn’t need jboots right away.
Old 03-01-2022, 05:28 AM
Aviak

Ima do enchanter on 2.0, never tried it =D
Old 03-01-2022, 07:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
id rather have this than making another server for a red progression only to split the community on p99 even more. remember when blue had over 1k regularly and now with 3 servers it barely happens now. could you imagine splitting p99 into 4 servers. id rather have populated serve,r even if it means fighting over cracked staffs in a legendary battle in gfay.

plus splitting staff among another server? no, once green pve is over pvp should have its time to shine like pve did. might even see higher population numbers than red ever did.
It never ceases to amaze me how people continuously beat on the dead horse, which is pvp. It has been tried and has failed time after time, in game after game. The demographic of people who prefer pvp is so small, why would any developer want to cut their own throats by making a pvp-exclusive server? Just log in on a Saturday night and compare server populations. Take a look at Green and Blue, then take a look at Red. Uh huh. Pvp is dead dead dead. Get over it. Nobody wants a bunch of pvp jackasses causing grief on a decent server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2022, 10:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a bit of an overdramatic representation of legacy items on Green... And I didn't share my account with anyone else - I legit stayed awake through the entire thing... my rubi BP was the worst (at about 65 hours). My first Manastone was worse than my second (at about 47 hours)
How did you stay awake for 65 hours straight?

"Not that bad"??? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2022, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you stay awake for 65 hours straight?

"Not that bad"??? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can share accounts and have people swap
Old 03-01-2022, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR: Random named or mobs drop legacy items in said zone. Making /list pointless as it is in its current state unless ur a no lifer.

Problem also with classic items is during the timeline people didnt know manastone etc. were gonna get nerfed and or removed all together. so people didnt need a /list to begin with.
So, my 2cents is. WE AINT GETTING CLASSIC BACK. PERIOD (WHY TRY). so with that said. jus have legacy items drop off random named mobs in those same zones. That way no one guild could take over, outside of taking over the ENTIRE zone. which is possible but least its more classic than a /list that u need 20people to help u camp said camp. like seriously, /list was a good idea, but in practice is only helped the no lifers.

Just make all bosses that drop Epic items have /lists too? Why is it that the "top tier" raiding guilds block some of these items? Have rotations on mini's.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a bit of an overdramatic representation of legacy items on Green. I did them all, multiple times, and never ran into an 80+ hour camp. And I didn't share my account with anyone else - I legit stayed awake through the entire thing. Jboots were typically 13-24 hours, my rubi BP was the worst (at about 65 hours). My first Manastone was worse than my second (at about 47 hours) but that's only because I was #1 on the list on Teal when the merge was suddenly thrust upon us, and when the post-merge Green came back online I was bumped back to #4. The second Manastone was closer to 30 hours.

Don't get me wrong - legacy camps are in no way enjoyable. But you can definitely do them if you carve out the time, or as the OP said you can share the burden and get them quite easily.
hope it was worth it for you
Old 03-01-2022, 04:08 PM
Banned

Im sure Rogean and Nilbog are taking notes reading this thread

kek