Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Old 02-08-2023, 12:29 PM
Skeleton

Default Spells deleted from spell book after camping

Hi folks,

Issue: I leveled to 20 and memorized 8 or so spells I brought with me. I used them for a few minutes and then camped out.

When I next logged back in, I still had all the new spells that I memorized, memorized (and could cast them), but all but one were no longer in the spell book. I thought that maybe they just got deleted, and tried repurchasing them, but I cannot scribe them, as the game just says that I already have that spell in my spell book, despite not being able to see them.

I can't click the spot and memorize invisible spells, trying to swap the spell slots doesn't do anything, and now that I unmemorized the spells, I can't remem them.

I would ignore this, but it involves several port spells, so I wouldn't mind actually having them. I couldn't find any additional information online or on the forums, so hoping I missed it or someone has more information, as the in game GMs have yet to respond over the past few days.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Posting screenshots demonstrating this issue would probably get their attention.
Old 02-14-2023, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Is there any possibility that they are there in your book, just on later pages?

Perhaps when you opened your spellbook to mem the new spells, you hit right a few times, advancing the spell book to page 20 (or some similar page)? If you started on a blank page, page 20 would have looked the same, so you easily could have memmed the spells ... but then when you camped and came back the spellbook went back to page 1, so it looked like your spells disappeared.

That would fit everything you described (eg. not being able to remem the spells), and it'd be easy to check: just open up your book and press right a bunch of times until you see your spells (then use right-click to move them back to the front).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:36 PM
Skeleton

Default Nailed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any possibility that they are there in your book, just on later pages?
I really hate to admit it, but this was the answer. For some reason when I toggled over they ended up much further back than the other spells. I wish I could explain how odd this is that I somehow ended up 30 pages back, but it happened.

Thanks for the help, I'm going to go hide under a rock somewhere!