Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Old 02-24-2023, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not possible. I have fired probably a million arrows. The only time i have broken 500 was on a double damage crit. There is no way a ranger is hitting 500 on a natty damage crit. It just isnt happening.

To hit 1000 Damage on rooted yeli with trueshot meant the natural shot was around 250 and a crit, that then modified by the trueshot up to 1000.
I'm not trolling, there is a way. You seem to like puzzles and I'm just a guy who doesnt read threads, allegedly.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trolling, there is a way. You seem to like puzzles and I'm just a guy who doesnt read threads, allegedly.
No there isnt, until you can post some objective data to refute it. I will disregard...
Old 03-02-2023, 01:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then it dawn on me to take off all weapons except a bow and as simple as it sounds, it hit me in the face.
Quote:
When I put a 2 hand slasher on in primary it jumps to 1435.
It works like this on official TLP, as well. Your ATK rating (and thus base hit rate) is based on the skill of your primary equipped weapon, not on your archery skill.

Quote:
I suspect the bug has something to do with the game not recognizing the ranger slot as a weapon.
Since it works this way on official TLPs, it's likely not a bug, but by design.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It works like this on official TLP, as well. Your ATK rating (and thus base hit rate) is based on the skill of your primary equipped weapon, not on your archery skill.

Since it works this way on official TLPs, it's likely not a bug, but by design.
All of this was already debunked. I tested bfg in mainhand and range slot. Damage was identical. Thats not the issue but there is still something wrong with archery.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

I'm confused, please clarify:

How is it debunked that the displayed attack is derived from the item (or absence of item) in your primary slot?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-03-2023, 04:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused, please clarify:

How is it debunked that the displayed attack is derived from the item (or absence of item) in your primary slot?
My theory that, it was the cause of archery performance on P99, its not the case. Hence why i tested BFG in mainhand versus ranged.

It some other problem.
Old 03-03-2023, 04:16 PM
Aviak

Essentially archery damage is nerfed on P99, whether intentional, or bugged, we dont know. But Rangers were hitting much harder on velious classic live, than they do on P99.

We know that SOME of it is explained by the primary damage bonus bug, but not all of it.