Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 01:22 PM
Orc

Default WW Dragons

What WW Dragons are soloable by a chanter? Only the fearableones?What are you petting? Any tips?? thanks bros.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

I did Entariz (7/6) on beta. Pretty easy fight w/ Kunark gear/spells.

Petted 1 gnome, banked 1 gnome, and a mammoth duder. No specific reason for mammoth over higher dps gnome other than I didn't expect to need a 3rd gnome and I did.

He's a paladin so ToT works wonders for you rune/bedlamming his AE.

Open with tash on Dargon -> zone to ToV. Now, you don't get the crazy initial tash aggro when slowing him.

Go get your pets set up with charm buried and standby pet full of trash debuffs/buffs.
Keep slowed, keep ToTing, keep bedlam/rune up on self. Have memory flux + boltrans ready to go for recharm + aggro dump.

If you have a wand or strings, it would be even easier since Boltrans is a ton of mana for a few seconds quicker cast time.

Conversely, you could probably just fight him (or any other dargon) in water to avoid the AE entirely. I wasn't that smart when I did it.

Just avoid dudes who chaos breath..
Old 08-29-2017, 03:53 PM
Orc

Awesome.This is what im talking about. Could youjust reaper the gnome? Where is a good placeto fight out there?? I have been having problems pullings things super far.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, you could reaper the pet, but it's an easily slowable dragon that pulls solo and is located right by a zone line. Boltrans -> Memory Flux should be plenty. I'm not sure why you would want to waste a reaper/soulfire. The charge would probably be worth more than the dragon.

As far as location, I fought by ToV zone. Haven't played live here, but I assume Sontalak is killed regularly? If you aren't kos to RoS, the pit nearby works too. You could fight by the water to avoid the AE, but you'd have to be pretty careful pulling the dragon through drakes + other dragons.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, you could reaper the pet, but it's an easily slowable dragon that pulls solo and is located right by a zone line. Boltrans -> Memory Flux should be plenty. I'm not sure why you would want to waste a reaper/soulfire. The charge would probably be worth more than the dragon.

As far as location, I fought by ToV zone. Haven't played live here, but I assume Sontalak is killed regularly? If you aren't kos to RoS, the pit nearby works too. You could fight by the water to avoid the AE, but you'd have to be pretty careful pulling the dragon through drakes + other dragons.
Sontalak is always up, and the mechanics I think have changed some what since you've done it. His (Entariz) AE is 400pt + dispel unresistable. With changes to how dispel works I'd imagine this would be tough. You have a few roamers in pit, including Esorpa and burrowers. Huge aggro assist range on dragons too.

He's fairly resistant, even with malosini and tash stick he will resist some slows. Don't think you can use water to block aes anymore (maybe you can? ) but you can still use terrain to keep aes from firing. If ae goes off
then you'll get hit. Charmed pet will move him a lot and could be tough to control that unless you keep him rooted.

If you're KOS it becomes even harder. It's probably doable but I'd imagine the risk of death is very high, and keep in mind pasi is a good (probably best) enchanter when it comes to soloing stuff.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

I'd definitely warmup on other dragons besides Entariz. Yeldema has no ae and doesn't cast, most of the other nest ones are pretty easy too (at least for a shaman) but they do ae dd dispel...not sure if any of those are fearable.

If you can take the nest ones, some of the roamers of Myga cycle are tougher: Bufa and Nintal particularly.

After those two, Ayillish is the next hardest: removed from other pillar dragons and no ch or silence or unresistable ae.

If you can take all them, then I think Entariz is worth a shot, but fighting where it spawns is tricky and it's a hard pull.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

I've spent a lot of time, and deaths, trying to figure out how to solo the current version of Ayillish. Most of the pettable mobs in the zone get absolutely wrecked by Ayillish, even when slowed. The only pet I've found that can keep up with Ayillish is a level 53 cragwyrm. The problem there is the cragwyrm is unstunnable, unmezzable, and can't be recharmed with wand or strings, so one charm break means death. The fight also takes forever - my best attempt using a cragwyrm took over 6 minutes before charm broke and I was toast, and Ayillish was only at 30%.

I never considered using gnomes as pets, though. I'll have to give that a try.

Use a bracer of the the hidden to refresh a junk buff on your pet every time the AE dispel goes off to prevent your charm from getting dispelled. Also, blanket of forgetfulness has a higher chance to blur (and uses less mana) than memory flux on P99 because BoF applies two blur charges whereas memory flux only applies one.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Sontalak being alive does make it harder. I didn't have a hard time since I could just zone to ToV if it was going poorly. It also allowed me to engage with a debuffed dragon as I bound outside for debuff -> zone -> zone back reasons. As long as you're not KoS to RoS, fighting in the pit should be ok.

I thought Ayllish would be harder (for enchanter, not shaman) than Entariz due being a warrior vs paladin NPC. Didn't try him ever. Being able to ToT is significant difference over a long fight. It will more than cover healing their AE. Rampage also sucks.

At least when I did him on beta, he wasn't super resistant after tash. Slow may not land first attempt, but it wasn't like trying to slow Emp Chottal or anything where it felt like a 5% chance. Usually 2-3 casts or so.

I never used blanket much. Typically had Memory Flux + Reoccurring Amnesia slotted. For difficult NPCs, I prefer spells with quicker cast times and will happily pay the extra mana for memory flux or boltrans for that reason. Blanket has a better recast time over Reoccurring Amnesia, so it might be the superior back-up spell if flux fails.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Very interested in trying this out. I like the tips
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Orc

This is dope info thanks bros.
I just wanna solo a 6 neck, prolly gonna need a buddy[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread