Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

example of what selective service registration can cause to happen and not happen

Quote:
He’d been locked up for six years, which was the longest he’d ever lived in one place. Davis grew up in foster homes, dropped out of school in the 11th grade and then hit the revolving door: streets, juvenile detention, streets, prison. He’s never possessed a driver’s license. He’s never had a bill in his name.

“I’ve never had anything in my name,” he says.

So, this is what happened when Davis went to fill out his financial aid paperwork at a Virginia Beach technical college.

“Have you registered for the Selective Service?” the financial aid officer asked.

“What do you mean?” Davis said.

“Did you register to be drafted?”

“Huh?”

This may be a nation with an all-volunteer military, one that ended conscription more than 40 years ago, but federal law still requires men ages 18 to 25 to register for a draft that does not exist. There are few exemptions and no second chances.

Davis never registered with the Selective Service System and so learned that he was looking at potentially lifelong consequences. No access to federal student loans or grants. No federal job training money or certain government jobs. And, in Virginia, no driver’s license.

“I didn’t know I had to register and now I can’t get anything,” Davis says. “I can’t do nothing.”

The odds of this country returning to a draft are almost zero, but the price for failure to register is high and is largely born by the men who can ill afford to pay it: high school dropouts, disconnected inner city residents, ex-offenders and immigrants — legal and unauthorized — who do not know that failure to register can jeopardize citizenship. In other words, those precisely in need of the type of job training, education and citizenship opportunities that could help move them from the margins to the mainstream.

In California, the Selective Service System estimates, men who failed to register were denied access to more than $99 million in federal and state financial aid and job training benefits between 2007 and April of this year. Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Massachusetts saw $35 million in combined lost benefits between 2011 and spring 2014.
Every state varies. Some use a mix of voter rolls and drivers license DMV rolls (california), some use the selective service roll for male jurors, etc. each state is different.

My friend has never drafted or voted, he has never been called.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet you spent about an hour going back and forth over this post, and were really proud after you were finally done and had put those contard Nazis in their place once and for all.
Nah, was the precoffee, morning dump time. No one reads the shitposts that exercise form upon to the form users.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I'd worry more about knife attacks Jarnauga, keep letting in those refugees buddy!
..that's a really really bad day to talk about knife attacks, isn't it ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS: he wasn't a refugee

GREEN: Ineluki - Human Shadow Knight of Inoruuk

lulz
Old 10-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Banned

DIS GON B GOOD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
words
that's a whole lot of words to ignore the fact that you're getting upset over a literally ~500+lb+ woman's fat cow heart giving out.

like sorry dude no matter how the court sides that's not murder in most peoples' eyes. i believe she wasn't even hit by the car. flip the political affiliations and there's NO way you would be calling this murder, as was already pointed out.

it's evident enough that you're not even attempting to create an explanation the details behind the event; you've given up even trying to make it sound like you're approaching this discussion in a non-politically biased manner. like damn dude you came in here flexing, at least try to play ball with the big boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnooga
"if enough people believe something then it must be true and the FBI that believes the contrary must be wrong"
isn't that what you're doing? at least the narrative i'm arguing has a basis in fact, on some level. but we've already established, you're afraid to dig into the details.

me: supports argument with facts about event, narrative has basis in reality
you: post contrarian shit, call the other guy a conspiracy theorist, paint false-equivalencies about things the other person's never said. ignores details of event because of risk to political narrative.

pretty clear who dunked and caught the rebound on this 1
Last edited by Xaanka; 10-02-2017 at 12:26 PM..
Old 10-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk do you got any more youtube videos to sway me? i sure do give a fuck what random retards think about politics

realtalk tho im thinking of not voting to avoid jury duty. that's a thing right? they only call you if you voted?
I really hope you don't spread that bullshit idea around to others. The reason elites have so little accountability is because of the fuck-it attitude. Protesting a vote is ok. But not just being lazy.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hope you don't spread that bullshit idea around to others. The reason elites have so little accountability is because of the fuck-it attitude. Protesting a vote is ok. But not just being lazy.
what's the point of voting if your candidate doesn't win?
Old 10-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats the point of playing EQ if you cant win?
Old 10-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fuck-it attitude

Buddy, people don't try at all anymore. You might wanna move to Australia if you're looking for a concerned body politic
Old 10-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
i am disappointed nobody has commented on what a bern this was ^^
Closed Thread