Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 07:10 AM
Banned

Thumbs down Acct sharing legal?

I know sooo many people sharing accounts at ruby bp and ms with proof
Old 01-07-2020, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

The rules I've read and stuff from staff label it as a "proceed at your own risk" activity, but not as an illegal one.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

it's basically legal and supported. despite the written word of the rules, if you share your account with someone and they steal your stuff and delete your dude, staff will generally restore it and ban the offender. the blue raid scene rests on an army of account shared characters lol.

welcome too p99
Old 01-07-2020, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=zodium;3063063 they steal your stuff and delete your dude, staff will generally restore it and ban the offender. the blue raid scene rests [/QUOTE]

WTF this better not be true. This was never done in original EQ unless they had evidence the accunt was hacked. From literally stacking the deck so only multi-users on one account can get legacy items to removeing all the supposed danger of having someone use your account if this is true, it appears p99 is going out of its was to be as unclassic as possible.
Last edited by DMN; 01-07-2020 at 08:26 AM..
Old 01-07-2020, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF this better not be true.
Speaking with a bit of experience, they definitely don't always help the victims.

(I wasn't the victim. Don't share your account info with me, although nowadays I probably wouldn't even accept it anyways!)
Old 01-07-2020, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF this better not be true. This was never done in original EQ unless they had evidence the accunt was hacked. From literally stacking the deck so only multi-users on one account can get legacy items to removeing all the supposed danger of having someone use your account if this is true, it appears p99 is going out of its was to be as unclassic as possible.
i have bad news about the correlation between theory and praxis re: the rules

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking with a bit of experience, they definitely don't always help the victims.

(I wasn't the victim. Don't share your account info with me, although nowadays I probably wouldn't even accept it anyways!)
ha
Old 01-07-2020, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have bad news about the correlation between theory and praxis re: the rules
I have a theory about it raining and being pissed on.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Oh my. So this screen sharing thing... I picture the top guild requires it on 24/7 for all members. And a team of officers keep an eye on you at all times. Web cam, of course. They will be able to make "suggestions" on things like diet choices. After all, eating properly increases reaction time. And girlfriend choices. Things like that. You know when they ask you to step out of the room when she's around, you're in!
Old 01-08-2020, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh my. So this screen sharing thing... I picture the top guild requires it on 24/7 for all members. And a team of officers keep an eye on you at all times. Web cam, of course. They will be able to make "suggestions" on things like diet choices. After all, eating properly increases reaction time. And girlfriend choices. Things like that. You know when they ask you to step out of the room when she's around, you're in!
err....wut?
Old 01-07-2020, 01:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:

That must be really rough for you and other misanthropes when only people with friends can do some things.