Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Keep this shit classic as fuck and give us some frozen Jesus

Praise Jesus, praise the duke

In all seriousness, I agree with specter.... Don't copy the games mistakes just for a classic feel, but don't spend too much time discussing as I doubt anyone cares we just want to play in the snow
Old 07-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Agreed. Save your self time and effort and release with post upgrade stats. Old starts were barly in 3 months
Old 07-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalaerian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. Save your self time and effort and release with post upgrade stats. Old starts were barly in 3 months
6 months for Kael/ToV upgrades

11 months for some of the 2-handers
Old 07-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Wasn't Blade of Carnage not changed until Luclin though?
Old 07-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah BoC never gets aggro proc.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevoh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't Blade of Carnage not changed until Luclin though?
Yep.

Meant Kael as in Tormax's drop e.g. Crown and WDSS getting huge boosts and Statue's stuff getting moderate boosts.

Blade of Carnage getting Enraging Blow is a Luclin upgrade, which may or may not happen here depending on if they want to call it Luclin or a Velious+Xnumberofmonths.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

All in favor of classic uselessness of items and slow upgrades. I remember it feeling like Christmas the day the tov item patch came out.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6 months for Kael/ToV upgrades

11 months for some of the 2-handers
Personally I think change to 2h mechanic should be in now, 2h damage is so broken as it was back then.

Many of the other changes were only made 6 months in because it took 6 months for players to actually start getting those items.

I say this being very much in favor of as much classic as possible, but I just don't see the point in emulating bugs, imbalances or things clearly broken. Not only is it more work for the developers, but those simply arent the reasons people want to rexperience Everquest. In fact, they're contrary to the reason.
Last edited by Dullah; 07-31-2014 at 01:35 AM..
Old 07-31-2014, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many of the other changes were only made 6 months in because it took 6 months for players to actually start getting those items.
Wrong. This was the era of top guilds plowing through stuff. Was way faster than 6 months of tov being on farm status. You put in the end updated weapons at first, it'll be such a huge power spike, it will make the expansion shorter than it will be as is. Part of the challenge was minimal upgrades from tov and other areas of velious combating bosses with 100k+ hps.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Ya as a member of one of the better guilds worldwide, maybe 1% of the total players on EQ were getting Ntov/ST or any of the contested raid loot early on. I know its not just ntov that was adjusted but the average guild wasn't killing stuff beyond zland/kland/statue/vindi/doz and maybe tormax.

Soo, ya they tweaked a lot of stuff as it became more relevant to the general population, and seeing as how it will be far more relevant to the avg player on p99 early on, fixing it earlier would be a good idea.
Last edited by Dullah; 07-31-2014 at 03:02 AM..
Closed Thread