Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 04:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default GM assistance.

So, first of all I need to give a huge Thank you to the people that has put up this server giving me the ability to play the old parts of EQ again. I am having a blast playing on this server. The community is generally is friendly and I got some handouts at the beginning of the game that helped me a great deal.

However, I ran into an issue and not require the help from the GM's to correct this issue. The error was my own fault, and I was told I would be given help. Now, I have been waiting for 6 days without respons or followup after the initial conversation. I have yet to see a GM online in the last week which is a little disturbing.

I dont even mind paying a small donation in return for some assistance, but this is getting downright silly.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2016, 04:29 AM
Fire Giant

Your donation won't get you any special favors. Don't bump the petition thread if you have one up. They like to drop those to the bottom of the queue if you bump it. Just be patient. Some people haven't gotten petitions resolved in a month to months. Incoming posts about the GMs on this server are volunteers yada yada yada.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your donation won't get you any special favors. Don't bump the petition thread if you have one up. They like to drop those to the bottom of the queue if you bump it. Just be patient. Some people haven't gotten petitions resolved in a month to months. Incoming posts about the GMs on this server are volunteers yada yada yada.
I think you misunderstood me. I did not want to buy myself ahead of anyone else or anything like that. It was more in showing gratitude for people spending their free time helping others. But when people are waiting months for their tickers to get reviewed like you here mentioned maybe it is time to take a look at the current system and give it some though.

And now I read that because I "bumped" the thread (ignorant of the current pressure the GMs are under) I might get pushed down to the bottom of the queue.

I guess what I am saying is that there should maybe be given some though into a donation-system for GMs which payes them for all the hard work they put into this.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you misunderstood me. I did not want to buy myself ahead of anyone else or anything like that. It was more in showing gratitude for people spending their free time helping others. But when people are waiting months for their tickers to get reviewed like you here mentioned maybe it is time to take a look at the current system and give it some though.

And now I read that because I "bumped" the thread (ignorant of the current pressure the GMs are under) I might get pushed down to the bottom of the queue.

I guess what I am saying is that there should maybe be given some though into a donation-system for GMs which payes them for all the hard work they put into this.
I'm not the one who is confused. You clearly don't know much about how this place operates. I'll let the rest of rnf take care of it.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

They're on, but /who all GM doesn't tend to work here because visibility = people most likely trying to jump the petition queue in an "please sort this out now" kind of way.

Also you can't multi-box here, sorry if that was the issue.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks Leontius
Old 04-25-2016, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

I'm more people than I'm not, apparently.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Leontius
I lold.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not that they like to drop you to the bottom of the thread - it's that their thread is sorted by date (oldest at the top, newest at bottom), so when you reply to your own thread you are actually dropping your own thread to the bottom.

OP - does your petition have a GM's name in parentheses next to the subject line?

It will probably take them awhile to get to it and there is really nothing you can do about it, unfortunately.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more people than I'm not, apparently.
I thought you were being Menden this week!

Also, here's Swish answering petitions:

7409465878_e4e7db4965.jpg

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread