Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

My concern with more aggressive "remote desktop" detection is that two things will happen:

1) time and resources are devoted to "anti-cheating" instead of making the game better and enjoying the hobby. Sure, sometimes that's needed - but it's easy to get rabbit-holed for months.

2) WINE users tend to get caught up in the detection routines.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:11 PM
Banned

P99 exists for RMT, otherwise things would be different. It's just that simple.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Committing crimes? Exaggerate much?

What crime is there for someone logging into my account, as long as it’s not more than one account logged in (i.e. boxing)? I’m not currently logged into it, and they’re not logged into an account they otherwise COULD be logged into. So it’s a zero-sum game.

I’ve never seen someone so nauseatingly use hyperbole to grasp at making a point.
The crime, you daft criminal scum, is that you are getting away with an unfair advantage. Have any other dumb questions with obvious answers?
Old 01-08-2020, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The crime, you daft criminal scum, is that you are getting away with an unfair advantage. Have any other dumb questions with obvious answers?
Is it only unfair because not everyone has friends to help them out?
Old 01-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it only unfair because not everyone has friends to help them out?
My only issue is that the /list system pretty much requires either account sharing or staying up for 2-3 days straight, which I'm not willing to do for pixels. Manastone is overrated anyway.

Also, Tripsin, calling someone daft criminal scum for doing something that's not even against the rules is pretty fucking pathetic. Grow up. You don't get to make the rules.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

is it really an unfair advantage since everyone can just make some friends to--oh i see
Old 01-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*laughing* imagining this guy legitimately thinking he's the Empire dealing with Rebels.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Account sharing is the best. Back before Green Day, I was playing my wizard on Blue, and I asked in Discord if anyone would let me use their druid for buffing and PLing. One of my closer compadres sent me the info to his 57 druid. I got people dozens of levels in a few hours without having to spend a year leveling a freaking druid to 57. I also gave his druid some gear as a thank-you. Win/win.

Why make 100 people level druids when 50 of them can share with one partner? And COTH mages, and bards for PLing, and wizards for Hate and Sky ports, and so on. Imagine having to level up five characters to be able to accomplish those valuable things.

And anyone can accomplish account sharing.

Change your password every week or month if you want.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Oh my. So this screen sharing thing... I picture the top guild requires it on 24/7 for all members. And a team of officers keep an eye on you at all times. Web cam, of course. They will be able to make "suggestions" on things like diet choices. After all, eating properly increases reaction time. And girlfriend choices. Things like that. You know when they ask you to step out of the room when she's around, you're in!
Old 01-08-2020, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh my. So this screen sharing thing... I picture the top guild requires it on 24/7 for all members. And a team of officers keep an eye on you at all times. Web cam, of course. They will be able to make "suggestions" on things like diet choices. After all, eating properly increases reaction time. And girlfriend choices. Things like that. You know when they ask you to step out of the room when she's around, you're in!
err....wut?
Closed Thread