Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-17-2022, 11:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only read the OP. Why does nobody on this server have any clue how the game works?

This rule doesn't apply to outdoor zones, it applies to open outdoor zones. That word is there for a reason. It matters. You are allowed to claim multiple spawns in Paineel because Paineel is not an open outdoor zone. It's flagged by the game as a dungeon. Test it yourself. Go to Paineel and try to cast Cancel Magic without line-of-sight. It doesn't work. Whether or not you can "see the sky" doesn't mean a single fucking thing.

This game has been out for decades and y'all still don't know how it works. It's fucking embarrassing. Figure it out.
I'm still waiting to have an interaction with someone who actually understands those rules.

In fact, the last time someone started openly stealing mobs from my group in a dungeon, they cited "you know the rules" back to me as though what they were doing was fine, and then when I clarified to them how in a dungeon you can still camp multiple areas, but must concede one (of your choosing) when challenged, they called me a neckbeard.

So either I should know the "rules" (that they just made up) and give up, or if I actually know the _real_ rules then I'm a loser neckbeard.

It's pretty funny... the long story short is that people who don't give a fuck just don't give a fuck, and if you petition them, you're going to get handed a "lose/lose" solution by the GMs anyway, so you usually just suck it up and move on.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

If you were trying to hold down multiple camps in a dungeon (to use a simplistic example, like if you were trying to hold Hands and LCY in Karnors) then yeah the other guy can go pull from one of those camps. If he's pulling from both then he's in violation.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Man, all this confusion over the rules: I wish the staff would sticky a forum post linking to https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:51 PM
Banned

Ffa red. Pvp. Rallos. Classic rules. Even non factors approve.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ffa red. Pvp. Rallos. Classic rules. Even non factors approve.
Not everyone wants to play in a cutthroat might-makes-right environment. There's always someone bigger and stronger out there just waiting to eat you. How does anyone find that fun?
Old 10-19-2022, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not everyone wants to play in a cutthroat might-makes-right environment. There's always someone bigger and stronger out there just waiting to eat you. How does anyone find that fun?
Mobs always out there too. Trying playing an iksar in Qeynos hills bound in the sewers!

I don't like PKs. I do like the human intelligence and metagame aspect tho... games within games. Unpredictability.

With a mob. It's almost certainly going to attack u... holly windstalker.

With a human It's random. Maybe they'll attack. Maybe friendly. Maybe help u gang up on holly. Why play mmos at all if you want to just fight mobs and nothing else.
Last edited by magnetaress; 10-19-2022 at 01:04 PM..
Old 10-19-2022, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs always out there too. Trying playing an iksar in Qeynos hills bound in the sewers!
I've done it. It's surprisingly fun. But it does help that I actually know those sewers pretty well. Feeling like an outcast in the world with my only friends being a secret underground plague cult, it's pretty cool.

Quote:
With a human It's random. Maybe they'll attack. Maybe friendly. Maybe help u gang up on holly. Why play mmos at all if you want to just fight mobs and nothing else.
These days I'm always the guy who doesn't attack. What's the point in playing in PvP if you have no intention of attacking other players? I don't want to play in a world where other people can have their way with me at a whim.

That's not to say I'm not opposed to PvP though. I'm honestly surprised there aren't more folks just hanging out at the arenas playing around with each other like they did in live back in the day. I'm totally in favor of that sort of consented PvP.

I play MMOs because I like being in a world with other people.
Old 10-19-2022, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done it. It's surprisingly fun. But it does help that I actually know those sewers pretty well. Feeling like an outcast in the world with my only friends being a secret underground plague cult, it's pretty cool.

These days I'm always the guy who doesn't attack. What's the point in playing in PvP if you have no intention of attacking other players? I don't want to play in a world where other people can have their way with me at a whim.

That's not to say I'm not opposed to PvP though. I'm honestly surprised there aren't more folks just hanging out at the arenas playing around with each other like they did in live back in the day. I'm totally in favor of that sort of consented PvP.

I play MMOs because I like being in a world with other people.
It's pixel disease. I don't know what exactly causes it. Seems most prevalent in millenials and poor ppl who've not really "lived".

I love the pvE and chill experience. Blue servers used to be much better. Can't stand it anymore. Can't stand the plebes who think they are good at wow instances either.

No idea what to do other than make a new game that can't be)

1) botted/scripted
2) is to random to be no lifed (you might spend a year getting a particular drop at a particular spawn ever)
3) requires skill + groups- soloing has its hard limits capped before max level on all classes and strategies r a requirement.
Old 10-19-2022, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

I wish you the best of luck in your game development endeavors.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrostoa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After talking to Selush's guild master, Selush threatened me with more problems if I didn't delete my petition.
Despite all this, <Fires of Heaven> welcomed him in with open arms after he was gkicked from last guild.

LOL