Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay guys, I have some comments as I have played thoroughly on SWG EMU, and there are a number of issues you should be aware of that are NOT like SWG used to be. Yes, it is Pre-CU to a degree, but it does have some key points where they deviate, and it fucks up the server pretty bad.
Thanks for posting that. Saved me the chunk of time to find my old discs and get it set up. The pets, boxing, and Jedi village really kill it for me.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

I've recently started playing again after taking almost a year-long break. I have no idea why I stopped. I am loving it so much.

(Almost there) Master Pikeman, reporting in.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, I still find it fun to do missions and go Krayt hunting. I just want to be up front about the fact that there are some substantial issues that the devs must address to make the game good.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Banned

I pre ordered SWG and was excited when it arrived.
I think I even upgraded some hardware to make sure it would run well.

Installed it and ran around for about 4 hours trying to figure out what the point of it was.

about a week later I cancelled my subscription and uninstalled the game.

true story
Last edited by Dr. Edge; 02-11-2014 at 01:46 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Isn't there a new swg server being worked on
Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Banned

Cool let's talk about an acronym and not say what it is
Old 02-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

There is a project being worked on called The Repopulation which is an indie game trying to bring back the SWG/UO feel. https://www.therepopulation.com/

SoE also said their next project after EQN is going to be a place for SWG players to "come home" to.

SWG = Star Wars Galaxies.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Kobold

I swear I was reading about another one not to long ago
Old 02-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started playing at Jump to Lightspeed.... is that the SWG equivalent of Luclin? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JTL was amazing! Best space experience I have ever had! The space combat was insanely fun!

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 02-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay guys, I have some comments as I have played thoroughly on SWG EMU, and there are a number of issues you should be aware of that are NOT like SWG used to be. Yes, it is Pre-CU to a degree, but it does have some key points where they deviate, and it fucks up the server pretty bad.

1) The server doesn't have a Rogean/Nilbog with the specific goal of keeping things "classic" as much as possible. What this means is that the people running the server are not trying to mimic the real SWG. It will be classic, set at publish 13, just before the Combat Upgrade.

How so? You can make up to 10 characters per account, and dual box. This creates a *huge* flaw in the economy of the game that relied upon people having 1 toon per server per account, and only 10 deed slots. Now, you can manage up to 100 deed slots without paying for 10 subscriptions. Needless to say, this means the economy is in a terrible place, and you *cannot* make money as an artisan.This is because they want the players to test as much as possible. This will not be true when the server has an official launch

In other words, because you do not have to choose between combat/medic/entertainer/artisan with your one and only character, every player that is there is a combat toon, a medic, an entertainer, and an artisan.

2) Pets do not work, so Creature Handler/Droid Engineer are not working.
they just put CH on the Nova Test Center server. The creature/droid pet AI is wicked complex, though they both are near completion.

3) Jedi will be going the Village route, not the holocron/old man route, and will NOT have permadeath, so the server will heavily inflate with Jedi, just as the game did pre-CU. Note that Jedi are not currently done.This is how the game was at Publish 13. The Jedi grind is subject to change after official launch.

4) Due to the huge inflation of artisans, finding exactly what you need is very hard. The bazaar, as per the game, does not have a search function, which is fine when you, as a player, must choose between a combat toon, a doctor, an artisan, or an entertainer... But when *everyone* has a merchant, there are issues of huge numbers of items making the Bazaar difficult to use. I personally don't find this much different from live. To get anything good it was probably going to take a while to find. I usually would ask around.

5) JTL is not in the game yet, as they are aiming to finish DE/Creature Handler + Jedi, and then work on JTL.
JTL is actually going to be worked on come after official launch. It's literally a different game.
--------------

If you still play, look me up. I am Vighvatr on Basilisk Server. Master Commando/Master Teras Kasi/x1xx Smuggler.Fun combination right there. I am Master Pistoleer/Fencer 4x3x/BH xx4x

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Last edited by Skittlez; 02-11-2014 at 04:24 PM..
Closed Thread