Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default guild wars 2

Curious how good guild wars 2 is? Thinking of purchasing the game
Old 04-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

I think that boat sailed, the combat mechanics were pretty good but everyone I know that played it doesn't play it anymore, if that's anything to go by [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] :/
Old 04-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that boat sailed, the combat mechanics were pretty good but everyone I know that played it doesn't play it anymore, if that's anything to go by [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] :/
that for sure does help, just started watching the gameplay for rvr on youtube seems to be reinforcing the wait for daoc emulator that's stable.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Kobold

it was ok, although there were some very unbalanced classes that everyone gravitated towards in pvp (mesmer, thief). perhaps the biggest thing was that WvW felt kind of pointless. you didn't really get any cool abilities or stuff (ok so there was a bit of stuff but it wasn't that great) from WvW, and they removed the equivalent of relics from the frontiers early on because they had no idea how to stop exploiters from flying over or under the keeps walls and stealing them.

sPvP was fun but still a bit lackluster. the main problem there was that as soon as your team starts losing just a little everyone quits (you can quit mid-game in sPvP, or at least you were able to when I played). also there were only 4-5 maps, that shit gets repetitive when you are doing dozens of matches a day. the rewards you get from sPvP are cooler than WvW, but you can only use or equip them in the sPvP area ....

as for the PvE, mindless button smashing, no real challenge
Old 04-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

I've been playing for a few weeks. It's a nice break from the graphical limitations of 1999 and gameplay is tailored more toward being able to stop and start on your own schedule instead of sitting and waiting for shit to happen. It's a little easy, depending on which profession (class) you play, but I keep hearing that the elementalist is a little tough since they're so frail. Being able to actually dodge enemy moves adds some skill to the combat so it doesn't feel repetitive.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:51 AM
Sarnak

WvW is awesome. It's the best team based pvp you will find. I was in a zerg busting guild and we would continually take on 50-80 ppl with 15-25 of our own. No dedicated healers but there are several skills that mesh well with other skills. Just one example would be an elementalists water field combined with everyone elses blast finishers for massive aoe heals. Helps alot when your skill group kills 20 people and then have another 60 to go through.

The best class to play all around would be Warrior. Best dmg in PvE and beast mode in wvw.