Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any policy which expects the player to record his video game sessions at all times is completely insane. In no world is that expectation reasonable or normal.
Agree. I refuse to install it. Then again, I'm not a tool in-game that requires constant GM intervention due to disagreements. I think in my years on P99, I've petitioned GMs one time, and that was because I noticed some dude in a death loop.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
“The Fool is numbered 0 – the number of unlimited potential – and so does not have a specific place in the sequence of the Tarot cards. The Fool can be placed either at the beginning of the Major Arcana or at the end. The Major Arcana is often considered the Fool’s journey through life and as such, he is ever present and therefore needs no number. Also, I wrote this post with help of this website https://edubirdie.com/blog/how-to-wr...-essay-outline. It's sometimes hard for me to write this sort of things.
On the Fool Tarot card, a young man stands on the edge of a cliff, without a care in the world, as he sets out on a new adventure. He is gazing upwards toward the sky (and the Universe) and is seemingly unaware that he is about to skip off a precipice into the unknown. Over his shoulder rests a modest knapsack containing everything he needs – which isn’t much (let’s say he’s a minimalist). The white rose in his left hand represents his purity and innocence. And at his feet is a small white dog, representing loyalty and protection, that encourages him to charge forward and learn the lessons he came to learn. The mountains behind the Fool symbolise the challenges yet to come. They are forever present, but the Fool doesn’t care about them right now; he’s more focused on starting his expedition.”
Well. Thanks. I couldn't find any info about this before I saw your post
Old 05-16-2019, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Juntsie would have been able to mediate this properly
Old 05-16-2019, 06:34 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any policy which expects the player to record his video game sessions at all times is completely insane. In no world is that expectation reasonable or normal.

Danth
It is sad that it comes down to that sometimes. Some issues are hard to prove without it. We deal with too much he-said she-said. It gets tiring.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is sad that it comes down to that sometimes. Some issues are hard to prove without it. We deal with too much he-said she-said. It gets tiring.
Just tell both parties to get fucked.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:26 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just tell both parties to get fucked.
Sometimes that's the only option. Every situation is different.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

OBS is super simple to install and honestly, I recommend that a player that plays on private server EMUs of any sort do so. It's like this. Private server EMUs of all sorts have sharply limited resouces when it comes to GM staff and the workload they have to go through. Been there, done that on a WoW private server.

When you're playing on these projects, you really do need to go the extra mile in being ready to record not in the spirit of being a snitch or playing virtual elf sim police, but doing so as a service to the staff. How much time is going to be saved for the staff member looking at your petition if you include a hosted video link to go with your side of the story?

Retail companies have the resources to do a lot more on their end, it's true. Private EMU's, not so much.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

I feel sorry for the volunteer GMs of this server.

From me to all of you (GMs):

Thank you for your volunteer efforts to babysit we the collective man-children.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel sorry for the volunteer GMs of this server.

From me to all of you (GMs):

Thank you for your volunteer efforts to babysit we the collective man-children.
I share this sentiment and wood also like to thank the extraordinary powers that be here for putting up with all this and for their staunch commitment to JUSTICE. I have learned many valuabble things from this place.

1. 20yo elf sims are not (20yo elf)(sims), but rather (20yo)(elf sims). Word association matters.
2. Don't be a moran. People will notice.
3. What a terminal sever is.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Throne room trains in CB... The true game of thrones
Closed Thread