Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont try to justify choosing barbarian.
Barbarians have a unique shaman racial no other races or classes can duplicate. Polar bear form. Nothing else matters past that
Old 05-28-2019, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont try to justify choosing barbarian.
I can and absolutely will justify choosing Barbarian. It is, without a doubt, from a purely logical and impartial standpoint, the best choice IF your goal is to get to 60 the fastest.

Now, nothing about what I just said was false, and yet I'll be the first to admit that Ogres are probably the uber-race for Shaman. Is that a contradiction?

Nope, because Ogres are the best at 60. They very likely take the longest to get there out of all the shaman races (more XP penalty than Barbarians with no regen to help), but as others have already mentioned, at 60 (with Torpor) regen really doesn't matter.

Thus, at 60 Ogres are the best because their ability (FSI) matters, whereas the other abilities (regen, faction, etc.) don't. But when it comes to getting to 60, Barbarians are the best ... with Trolls as a close second (plus, as I mentioned, they spend a smaller percentage of that time stuck on their butt meditating, so depending on your perspective that might make them better for leveling).

Meanwhile Iksar are just objectively inferior to Trolls IF you can get a JBB ... but if not they're objectively superior because they get more armor and are otherwise equivalent (plus they don't have the large race annoyance).

But also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarians have a unique shaman racial no other races or classes can duplicate. Polar bear form. Nothing else matters past that

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-28-2019 at 04:47 PM..
Old 05-28-2019, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Hey at least climate change doesn't threaten trolls & ogres. #strongestracesconfirmed
Old 05-28-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Actually trolls and iksars have a net experience bonus relative to all the other shaman races due to how much of your time you will spend from 50-60 + cannabalize. Having things like a regen BP and chanter/bard grouping with you can screw with a the relative math a bit but it's still always faster than any of the other races.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually trolls and iksars have a net experience bonus relative to all the other shaman races due to how much of your time you will spend from 50-60 + cannabalize. Having things like a regen BP and chanter/bard grouping with you can screw with a the relative math a bit but it's still always faster than any of the other races.
Someone crunched the numbers ages ago and it convinced me pretty solidly that Barbarians are faster (but again, as a trade-off they spend a higher percentage of time meditating).

Ultimately unless someone levels two shaman, one Barbarian and one Ogre, the exact same way, and records the amount of time spent on each, there's really no way to truly be certain though.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also consider that every other race isnt stunned by bash 100% of the time either from the front.
yes, but every other race is interrupted by bash 100% of the time. that's the advantage of fsi. barbs are better anyway though because the are not slimey, scaled or obese.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone crunched the numbers ages ago and it convinced me pretty solidly that Barbarians are faster (but again, as a trade-off they spend a higher percentage of time meditating).

Ultimately unless someone levels two shaman, one Barbarian and one Ogre, the exact same way, and records the amount of time spent on each, there's really no way to truly be certain though.
If you average the time between 50-60 the troll/ikky will be gaining about 5 more mana per tick in that time period. The average meditation tick in that range will be about 20, meaning they level 25% faster. That's a net 5% bonus for them.

1-50 is a lot harder to quickly estimate. You will probably average about 2 mana more per tick as a troll/ikky and average meditation tick will be around 13. That leaves trolls/iksar with about a 5% penalty. But since you will spend 2 to 3 times longer 50-60, the troll/ikky will still be well ahead of their racial exp penalty.

of coruse this doesn't touch the whole regen spell line, which will shrink the difference a bit, but the ikky/trol will still end up a bit ahead.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Id argue that barbarians are faster because levels 1-24 are easier for light races than level 1-24 for dark races, and you're a trashcan until your level 24 as a shaman.

But if we're talking p99 then both are the same because you should just pay a bard to kite you to 60 if you're worried about speed.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id argue that barbarians are faster because levels 1-24 are easier for light races than level 1-24 for dark races, and you're a trashcan until your level 24 as a shaman.

But if we're talking p99 then both are the same because you should just pay a bard to kite you to 60 if you're worried about speed.
Guk and kurn's beg to differ.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

hmmm guk is no contest joke compared to gnoll fangs but I have never leveled in luclin before so idk (that's right i just called kunark luclin)
Closed Thread