Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default Will your green lineup be the same or different classes?

I'm changing everything. My rule for blue was never to play my classic classes. Now blue ended up overtaking all my memories, so now, its going to unlock what was locked for me. I will have a Necromancer Iksar at Kunark release, a Dwarf Rogue after the mask patch, a druid instead of a wizard, and I guess my tank will be a paladin or sk, and if i got a necro I guess its a paladin. The question is should I join the guise war with a paladin or druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Brell De Paladin might be neat if I ever get a soulfire or epic
Old 05-28-2019, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

The only people doing a different starting character are the ones who chose wrong on the first go around.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Ive never played a paladin, and a classic paladin would be really fun I think, doing stupid quests and being a true knight of thunder. I bet that'd be fun!

Though, I legit am afraid of people on this server literally being scummy and passing me for the warrior who is also lfg, but has been in the zone for 15 mins, even though I sat patiently next to your group at the CE for the last 4 hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2019, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive never played a paladin, and a classic paladin would be really fun I think, doing stupid quests and being a true knight of thunder. I bet that'd be fun!

Though, I legit am afraid of people on this server literally being scummy and passing me for the warrior who is also lfg, but has been in the zone for 15 mins, even though I sat patiently next to your group at the CE for the last 4 hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These people will always exist. I hate them too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

So the way it works...?

Group has 6 members, every kill nets each one of them 100 XP each...

Then the paladin joins, replacing the warrior tank... Same level, as the warrior, but now each person only gets 60 exp points for each kill?

I only assume this is how it works, but I have always only assumed and never once tried to find out.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the way it works...?

Group has 6 members, every kill nets each one of them 100 XP each...

Then the paladin joins, replacing the warrior tank... Same level, as the warrior, but now each person only gets 60 exp points for each kill?

I only assume this is how it works, but I have always only assumed and never once tried to find out.
nah, xp is allocated to group members based on each member's total xp as a percentag of the total current xp of all group members. the paladin just requires more xp per level, so grouping with a paladin of the same level ends up being like grouping with any non penalized character who is 5-6 levels higher. Might be different at lower levels, but can't remember, been a while. Search my poast history, I addressed it before.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Can you like explain it like this to me

Group makeup:

1 20 war
2 20 wiz
3 20 druid
4 20 war
5 20 cleric
6 20 enchanter (the hypothetical you)

Kill a mob, it gives 1,000 xp (idk arbitrary number for the science lesson)

How is EXP distributed to the above group? How is the exp distributed in the below group?

1 20 paladin
2 20 wiz
3 20 druid
4 20 war
5 20 cleric
Old 05-28-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

It all depends on if green chars eventually roll over to blue or not. If they do I’ll lvl different classes but if they don’t I’ll play rogue again.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-28-2019, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Can you like explain it like this to me

Group makeup:

1 20 war
2 20 wiz
3 20 druid
4 20 war
5 20 cleric

Kill a mob, it gives 1,000 xp (idk arbitrary number for the science lesson)

How is EXP distributed to the above group? How is the exp distributed in the below group?

1 20 paladin
2 20 wiz
3 20 druid
4 20 war
5 20 cleric

Yeah, you can look up the exact formulae on the wiki, but total exp varies by class. For simplicity, well just treat each class's total so like it's their modifier, so you would have something like:

20 Paladin 140xp total accumulated
20 Wizard 110xp (pure casters get 10% penalty)
20 Druid 100xp
20 Warrior 90xp
20 Cleric 100xp
20 Enchanted 110xp

Total group xp would be 140+110+100+90+100+110=650. the percentage of do that you receive from killing a mob is equal to your total accumulated xp divided by the group's total accumulated xp, so in this example that would be 110/650.

If you swapped the Saladin for another warrior, then the total group xp would be 650 - 140(level20 paladin) + 90(level 20 warrior) =600. Your share of the xp for each kill them would be 110/600 then, vs the 110/650 with the paladin.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

The easiest way to say it is the group shares 1/6th or 1/nth of your penalty, not the whole penalty. Not too bad