Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 01:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does have low damage. And no slow, haste, clarity, movement buffs or teleports. But it has lots of lulls, fd pulls, lots of heals, lots of stuns, lots of roots, double invis, great defensive buffs, rez, tanking. It's a very capable trio for leveling, able to dungeon crawl and exploit high zem indoor areas. It's just not very fast. I can't imagine it performing worse than a pure melee trio.
But wouldn't hitting 60 be the basis for calling it good/bad(edit - I mean worst or even more worsterer)? A pure melee trio might even be faster to some extent. Especially since it's impossible to make a melee trio without some form of fear, making outdoor leveling plausible, if super annoying.

If we are considering spawn locations I'd have to go with Iksar SK, gnome CLR and erudite PLD. If exp penalties are added then you'd die of some terminal illness before hitting 60.
Last edited by Keza; 06-05-2019 at 01:41 AM..
Old 06-05-2019, 03:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If we are considering spawn locations I'd have to go with Iksar SK, gnome CLR and erudite PLD. If exp penalties are added then you'd die of some terminal illness before hitting 60.
I like this. I might be mistaken, but wouldn't this also mean that the three ppl would level with different speed? So we would even come to the Point where the fast-leveling Gnome cleric without any xp penalties would have to go out of group for a while for his Friends to catch up?

This puts "worst" into a whole new perspective.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

Maybe the cleric should be halfling, to make the xp penalty difference more severe.

I just realized that the Erudite Paladin will also have to disband at some point for the SK to catch up. So they can sit besides the SK and once the SK has slowly gotten his mob down enough % ensuring he's getting the exp, the cleric and the Paladin can add their immense dps to the fight!

It's also good that all three will have desire for the same loot due to all using plate. Paladin and Cleric can fight for some Wisdom gear and the SK and the Paladin can discuss who's getting the weapon upgrade. Probably the Paladin, because he will be higher lvl.

Btw. the Iksar will ensure they can't do any xp quests like DF belts or Bone Chips, eh?
Last edited by Yasi; 06-05-2019 at 08:55 AM..
Old 06-05-2019, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

XP is shared in groups so everyone progresses at about the same rate; that's basically the reason penalties are 'shared'.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Damn it. So no halfling then. We don't want the three to advance too quickly!
Old 06-06-2019, 04:06 AM
Sarnak

We are obviously talking about xping, so..

Cler, Sham, wiz. That one's pretty bad. Or Dru, wiz, cler...with no animals. Or hmm, a non wiz one... Rogue+ druid, cler or sham. Clr, dru, sham. That would kill slow af.

3 melee will do too well skating the low dark blue line with cheap weapons, even SK/Pal/?
Old 06-06-2019, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

Druid/Cleric/wizard = quad kite over cleric's words of aoe. Confirmed super XP group. Surely not close to worst?
Old 06-06-2019, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

I think the worst trio is definitely Wizard + Cleric + a third, and my guess on the third would be Paladin.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are obviously talking about xping, so..

Cler, Sham, wiz. That one's pretty bad. Or Dru, wiz, cler...with no animals. Or hmm, a non wiz one... Rogue+ druid, cler or sham. Clr, dru, sham. That would kill slow af.

3 melee will do too well skating the low dark blue line with cheap weapons, even SK/Pal/?

I don't think you can include Shaman in any worst trio. Worst case 2 people stand around and hail the mobs the Shaman is soloing and it still works out better than most of the others.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or warrior, paladin, SK (lol dps)
This is actually a killer combo.

Heres why:

Paladin focus' on healing. SK keeps agro and warrior is kept below 40% hp...once kunark hits Paladin can helm heal.

I have personally helm healed a trio in KC and taken LCY/RCY mobs nps.

While not highly effective in mob turn over rates it was decent xp in a trio.

Also with SK pet, SK split pull and Paladin root CC/buffs/heals/pacify pull you gucci. Warrior can bring the slow prov weapon too eventually.

This trio going 1-60 would be fun and very functional.
Closed Thread