Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Default How will Velious's release affect the raid community?

I'm not a representative of any guild. I don't raid except for the blue moon when I'm both available for and interested in dealing with raiding a plane/dragon/etc. Also keep in mind that I am only casually familiar with the current raid ruleset/rotation thing. Like I said, I don't involve myself with it so I have little need to understand it.

That said, it seems like the raiding scene will diverge between the heavy raiding guilds and the casual raiding guilds. There are some players with the availability and inclination to raid for several hours a day, several days a week.

The guild(s) with the bulk of these player types might see NToV and similar Velious raiding environments as a relief from fighting over Classic/Kunark content, since the respawn timer on those mobs is shorter (right?), and the raids take longer to complete.

The guilds that currently struggle to catch Classic/Kunark raid targets that are up or within their rotation may see an increased opportunity to kill more and advance.

A few topics I'd like to see discussed are:
  1. Should the raid rules should be altered in some way to accommodate for these effects (and again, I don't have an agenda concerning raiding or the rules)?
  2. Will the current state of P99 raiding will return after enough time has passed? Velious content will eventually become stale, how long will that take to happen?
  3. With the release of Kunark, Project 1999 saw a large population increase. With Velious upcoming, do you think we've hit saturation of players who want to play classic EQ, or will we see a similar spike in server population? At what point would the staff consider splitting the PvE into two? How would this affect raiding?

...or, just ignore this and call me names.
Last edited by Nocte; 02-05-2014 at 07:14 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Kobold

on live, expansions always opened up doors for more casual or lesser capable guilds. velious opens up a large number of raid targets that take priority. unfortunately, a lot of the kunark targets have droppable loot so they will always be a target to some extent.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:59 PM
The Protector of Sunder

I imagine most kunark raids will be less contested, especially VP outside of PD. Talendor/Sev might stay up due to the scales but otherwise I think it'll be fine.

I'd love to see the GMs instill a rule that no class R or C guild can lead a raid on Nagafen/Vox opening up the door for pugs and smaller guilds to get some experience. I'm sure people from the other guilds would help out but I loved raiding these with large noob forces during Velious on live.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...or, just ignore this and call me names.
NERD!

edit: And with that I'll show myself out.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be curious to see the median number of level 55-60 toons the people in Class C guilds have.

Cause having multiple toons per person means:

1. You have an evil toon to do PoGrowth. No one sits out cause faction.
2. You have one toon to make dragon/Coldain friendly and one to make giant friendly. Due to the above you can more easily pull or scout or Rez after a wipe --- Velious corpse drag rules will be in effect though.
3. You can camp out a toon in ToV permanently. As well as one in ST and maybe at Yelinak to save time CotH if you have extra toons.
4. Magicians will be parked in ST at warders and Yelinak to avoid those god awful clears since I'm sure there are 2-3 55+ mages extra per guild.

All accounts that were sold for platinum should've been banned long ago, cause they will create a very non-classic raid environment for Velious.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All accounts that were sold for platinum should've been banned long ago, cause they will create a very non-classic raid environment for Velious.
You do realize that the staff and server fully supported account selling/trading for plat for quite some time, right? You really believe those accounts that were bought with plat with the total blessing of the server staff should be banned now?

How anyone can take you seriously is beyond me!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize that the staff and server fully supported account selling/trading for plat for quite some time, right?
I think your recollection of "fully supported" is in question. As I remember it, Rogean & Co explicitly advised against selling accounts or even sharing login info, and only recently they made it against the rules.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize that the staff and server fully supported account selling/trading for plat for quite some time, right? You really believe those accounts that were bought with plat with the total blessing of the server staff should be banned now?

How anyone can take you seriously is beyond me!
Total blessing or begrudging acceptance? I think the later.

As far as I'm concerned, the staff shouldn't be concerned with the fact that people chose to use their platinum for a non-item, non-service in game.

I am well aware it would never happen since tracking them down at this point in time is basically impossible. But a man can dream.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think your recollection of "fully supported" is in question. As I remember it, Rogean & Co explicitly advised against selling accounts or even sharing login info, and only recently they made it against the rules.
They advised against it because they were understandably unwilling to deal with the tidal wave of bullshit that results from people selling/buying accounts, getting scammed, etc.

But yes calling the temporary gray area of selling/buying accounts "fully supported" is a joke
Old 03-02-2014, 02:57 AM
Kobold

It won't they will figure out a way to lock down all the new content and keep the old, just like it is now. Seriously, can't even loosen your grips on naggy and vox? Lol it's just plat people.
Side note, for those making a "career" out of rmting items. A shit job flipping burgers will pay you more. Back to my spawn, ugh, where's my sock? I gotta shit.
Closed Thread