Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-16-2016, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

win eq2 asking me to update directx however i m on windows10 , no DX to update when i check Windows update . Bug ?
Old 05-30-2016, 10:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbase-1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The slow movement is RDTSC (i believe) and a multi proc/core timing issue.

Fix by using a SingleProcAffinity shim.

Or set affinity manually, or WinEQ2 etc.

To minimise this make sure you are running a full power management plan, running power management on the cpu will manifest this issue more frequently.
Hello Hyper,

I have followed all of the guides and FAQs and I still get the memory reference error. I have set the affinity manually as per the guides, I have modified my EQClient.ini to include WindowedMode=TRUE, I have run as Administrator, I have included the patchme in the EQgame.exe Shortcut path, and I have attempted to run in Windows XP Compatibility mode. I am running a Sony VAIO Laptop with Windows 10 64bit.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:59 PM
Large Rat

Default Having same problem I was having

I try to login and it goes to the server screen with nothing on it
Old 08-30-2016, 04:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saren42 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna post this here, since maybe more people will see it, and I might actually be able to get some help. This is a copy-paste from my thread I made the other day.
I moved EQ over from my laptop worked great no issues for over a month then this started happening randomly -

any ideas or should i just try a new install
Old 12-06-2016, 03:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I have tried desperately to fix my messed up font with wineq2 and have had no luck. I finally got the game running, and I tried changing the eq settings ini to 1440x900 *my desktop res), I tried changing it to windowed false and true, and I changed the res in game from the Alt O menu to 1440x900, which gives me a windowed mode ALMOST as big as my screen (minus the spot for the taskbar, which I minimized). The other 3 borders are gone and the only visible border is the little space where the task bar would be. The text is just smooshed and blurry on a few random lines here and there. When I tried a res of like 1152x750 or something in game, the text was all fine, but the windows were all messed up and it was an odd shaped window.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Anyone having issues with WinEQ lately? Been constantly crashing to desktop when selecting a server. Only very rarely does it go through and reach the character select screen (after countless reboots). This was never a problem before only started happening a couple weeks ago.

Launching titanium as per normal works all the time so there's nothing wrong with my connection (using launch titanium bat). Only WinEQ crashes each time I try to join a server, just goes straight to desktop. Ideas?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Large Rat

If I run EQ normally, the game is very smooth. When I run WinEQ2, everything is very choppy. Any suggestions?
Old 09-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpTheHotrod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I run EQ normally, the game is very smooth. When I run WinEQ2, everything is very choppy. Any suggestions?
Bump. I am having this issue as well - FPS loss while using WinEQ. Any fixes?
Old 09-18-2017, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

I found the answer to poor performance while using WinEQ, check it out here.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

even though wineq2 does fix a lot things, p99 still runs pretty bad compared to other emus. there are definitely performance issues that are specific to p99. people say its anti-cheat shit.