Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ogre Frontal Spell Interrupts

I've been playing my ogre shaman for about a week, and until today, he couldn't get knocked back or spell interrupted by melee attacks from the front. Since the server restart today, though, he is getting knocked back and spell interrupted. He still isn't stunned by bashes from the front, though. I don't know what the intended behavior is or what classic had in this regard, but I figured I'd note the change here since there's no patch note regarding it (and since Uthgaard told me to).
Last edited by Estu; 08-27-2010 at 07:52 PM..
Old 08-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Ogres never had immunity to spell stuns, just melee stuns and only from the front (the side doesn't count). This of course has always been dependant on your ability to not be moving. IE: if a mob is pushing you back your spells will be interrupted. In order to be completely 100% uninteruptable you need to have your back to a wall or something solid, and obviously not getting hit by any spells that have a stun component.

Sounds to me like everything is working just like it should.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

To clarify: mobs would not push back my ogre shaman from the front before the server restart, and he hence would never get interrupted. Now they do, and so he does.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned

Melee push is happening too frequently since the maintenance. Nearly every hit I've been moved around. I don't seem to be pushing mobs anywhere either, they're just pushing me.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To clarify: mobs would not push back my ogre shaman from the front before the server restart, and he hence would never get interrupted. Now they do, and so he does.
I do recall that having your back to a wall was a much to guarantee zero interrupts. I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure zero push would be a mistake.

But if Itchy is correct and mobs are pushing more than they should then I agree it should be looked into.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

This was only on my ogre. My other casters did get interrupted from the front; the ogre didn't. I assumed it was a race feature.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:02 AM
Fire Giant

Now that they implemented push again, they need to take out the 'chance for npc melee to straight up interrupt' that was added to counter the old system of no push.

With this now, you should be able to get in a corner, negate that push and not be interrupted.

Otherwise, we'll be taking interrupts from being pushed and innately from npc melee swings. Haynar confirmed that the system was in only b/c push wasn't. Will find the thread if needed.
Last edited by girth; 08-28-2010 at 04:06 AM..
Old 08-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that they implemented push again, they need to take out the 'chance for npc melee to straight up interrupt' that was added to counter the old system of no push.

With this now, you should be able to get in a corner, negate that push and not be interrupted.

Otherwise, we'll be taking interrupts from being pushed and innately from npc melee swings. Haynar confirmed that the system was in only b/c push wasn't. Will find the thread if needed.
Go get in a corner and see how it is working.

Haynar
Old 08-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Ohhh I'm excited...I'll check soon
Old 09-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

And now I'm not getting interrupted from the front at all anymore on my ogre. Kind of odd how it keeps changing.
Closed Thread