Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-16-2019, 07:58 AM
Large Rat

Default The Falchion (of the Koada'Vie)

Hey so I finished this quest a couple weeks ago. And the Weapon has the wrong graphic. I clearly remember what it looked like (as far back as 2001) (except for the colour of the gem in the hilt).

I will point you to these links.

http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Falchion

http://wiki.project1999.com/Falchion_of_the_Koada%27Vie

Indeed it doesn't have the best stats, but the Quest was worth doing because of how cool the sword looked. You guys have the Gnoll Slayer graphic being used for this sword. Which actually looked like the "Darkmetal Falchion" - though the gem may have been a different colour.

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/D...alFalchion.jpg

I give you this link / comment on Allakhazams as proof. Wish I had an old screenshot but that was a long time ago (I remember it was a nice looking newbie sword though, nice to show off until I could get a nicer one).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...98323053541857

Here is the comment in that last link if you don't want to have to follow the link.

High Elf quest item
#
Feb 26 2001 at 6:35 PM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
Anonymous
FYI,
This is a result of a pretty much worthless series of quests. You have to get 3 No-Drop Lore items in order to receive this sword.
Kill Dvinn in Crushbone to receive his BLACK HEART.
Kill the Prophet in Crushbone to receive "BLUE ORC HEAD".
Lastly, you have to travel over to the Ocean of tears, Kill a Named Orge that spawns at 5AM every morning (Siren Island) and loot the "SHIPPING CRATE" (warning, its really heavy at something like 15-20 pounds).
Bring all 3 of these items to the HighElf city of Felwithe to the Paladin guild leader in the basement. Give them to Lord Jya(something) to recieve this sword.

My Opinion, this sword sucks compared to the level at which you have to recieve it. The only reason I would get it is to raise your 1HS skill up. Its really fast but doesn't do much damage to something like the Goulbane (which you should be questing for right around the level your able to recieve this item)

Also note: The weapon looks REALLY Cool compared too normal falchions. Maybe thats a reason to go get it. =)

I really hope you guys fix it. I spent quite a bit of time doing that quest expecting to get my cool looking Falchion of the Koada'Vie + all the plat I spent travelling and on raising faction....

I am sure if you look through the models/textures you will find I am right! Remember it was either a red or green gem in the hilt, I remember because I always wanted to get the better higher lvl sword with the opposite colour to add to the collection.

I am sure there must be another Paladin out there somewhere that remembers too! There must be!

Anyway thanks again if you read this, the peeps on Discord said this is where I have to report bugs so.... I'll check back next weekend.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:54 PM
Project Manager

I am not sure on the graphic. Here is some research to add to yours:

Quote:
Amithraril Elendili | 1/1/2000 10:16:23 AM Its a nice weapon along the lines of the Langseax, and Gladius.

Falchion of Koada'Vie
Lore NoDrop
Damage 6
Delay 24
Wt 3.4
Race ALL
Class Paladin only
looks like a normal short sword..

https://web.archive.org/web/20020804...de=35&id=35393

However, in that same thread:

10/2000
Quote:
The falchion has a cool graphic.
2/23/2000
Quote:
Has a different graphic too which is nice.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010716...de=35&id=35007
Old 06-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Large Rat

Hmm interesting. It for sure was NOT a shortsword.

If I go on the Live EQ and level up and do the quest and get it and take a pic I imagine it'll be the same graphic. Even after all these years. If I do that and take a pic will u believe me?

There is also this I found. I am not sure why I can't find a picture (other than most people didn't do the quest I imagine except for to get a cool looking sword.

I remember so clearly because I was a kid/early teen and my relative had got me the game. I wanted a cool looking weapon (cause all the longswords and shortswords looked crappy) So they made me lvl up and farm pelts to get some basic armor and then brought me from Qeynos to Faydwer and brought me on that quest as well as Ghoulbane haha. Anyway. It's why I remember so clearly.

Are there ANY other Falchions that look like the Darkmetal one? Except with a Red Gem in the hilt? I don't think so. But I bet you'll find the model/texture in the files - and that's the one for the Falchion of the Koada'Vie (also I don't think the weaved runes were Golden like the Darkmetal Falchion - just grey/silver) (And I know what I had wasn't a darkmetal falchion because I was only between lvl 17-22 when I was doing the quest on live back in 2001.

Anyway here is the other post (they are rare) I could find on it. I promise you though it defintely didn't look like a normal sword, or the wide bladed sword that's there now.

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...7ee9e&start=25

Quote:
Azzadan
Post subject: Re: Most memorable Quest?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:13 pm
Decaying Skeleton
Decaying Skeleton

My favorite quest during my EQ years (on Azzadan Peaceblade, the proud Erudite paladin on Brell Serillis) was the quest for the Falchion of the Koada'Vie. I had the good fortune of having an enormously helpful guild (The Blade of Enric) that was more that willing to aid me with my quest. It was the first interesting quest I had done that didn't involve turning in four batwings or something, and it was very challenging. I remember we had to jump off the boat somewhere in the Ocean of Tears and levitate to a nearby island to kill a nasty little goblin. The rest was fairly straightforward, but the island part of the quest remains a pretty vivid memory.

I can remember the stats were none too impressive, but the sword had a very unique look. I felt like quite the paladin running around with my shiny new "holy sword" (it was paladin-only, so I liked to refer to it as such [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ). An amazing experience that has yet to be topped by any MMO.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to learning more about this project (first-time poster here).
But if you want me to go to live and take a screenshot I will do the quest and lvl there all over again just to show u lol. I wouldn't even care if it was high on the priority list, just that it would eventually look like it did, and that once in a while I could bring it out and wield it (til I go get the Darkmetal One of course)

Thanks for responding I appreciate it!
Last edited by eqvet22; 06-18-2019 at 04:30 PM..
Old 06-18-2019, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure it looked like a bronze tachi

Edit: I was wrong. Found a picture. Will upload and post it shortly.
Last edited by feniin; 06-18-2019 at 04:31 PM..
Old 06-18-2019, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Apparently looked like a Blood Fire
Old 06-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Large Rat

Ah here is a good one.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...02267567387239

Quote:
ahemm....
#
May 29 2002 at 7:44 AM Rating: Decent
Gorgar
4 posts
Don't be so hasty to call him a knob, he us correct. The SSoY originally had a different graphic. Check out the Falchion of Koada'Vie, then you can see what the SSoY used to look like.

FoKV is a low level high elf pally quest sword, 6/24 no drop 1hs.
Najena Server
Except it doesn't help much.... Cause the Falchion never looked like a Ykesha. Maybe the SSoY also used to look like the Darkmetal Falchion. Ah I see that is what he means. So did SSoY look different originally than the bended ykesha blade it has been since I remember it?
Last edited by eqvet22; 06-18-2019 at 04:42 PM..
Old 06-18-2019, 04:40 PM
Large Rat

It's too small I can't see anything in that pic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2019, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Looks just like this
Old 06-18-2019, 04:47 PM
Large Rat

Where is that picture from though? It 100% did not look like that in live. atleast not when I played. Which was the winter Kunark came out til about 2004
Old 06-18-2019, 04:55 PM
Large Rat

Ah I see, that was posted in february of 2000. Well they definitely changed it by the time I got the sword. It 100% did not look like that haha. My memory is not failing me, I spent hours/days/weeks swinging it around.