Old 06-17-2016, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

This issue still exists.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Bump
Old 08-13-2016, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

^ Bump - Just tested this spell still does not work correctly!
Old 08-23-2016, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

Bump
Old 12-29-2016, 01:09 AM
Fire Giant

still exists
Old 01-06-2017, 06:03 AM
Fire Giant

Is this anything that will ever be looked into, or should I just stop trying? Original post was 2012.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

^
Old 11-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Bump. This should be an OP spell, instead it's currently not even worth using.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Don't hate the messenger, but there is a chance this spell may be working as intended in classic. Search for "Abashi: ENCHANTERS EXIST TOO!" In the sticky link for EQ newsgroups (https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...ames.everquest)

This poster's explanation seems to match exactly how you are describing the p99 spell to be working:
Quote:
Reocurring Amnesia (Even though it was pathced a week ago) STILL doesnt do more than one memory blur pulse. I can punch a snake for 1 damage, cast Reoc on it and it stops attacking just like with mem blur. I immediately hit the snake again for 1
point and it never gets blurred again!!! The spelll lasts for 30 seconds yet only does 1 actual memory blurring pulse!
Do possibly nilbog came across this and tried to mimic the behavior?

I did some patch message searches and didn't notice anything about a fix, closest i saw was:
Quote:
"Reoccurring Amnesia" has had its casting time reduced
That was a February 2000 note.

The message in which the OP is referring to the spell being psyched looks like the January 20th, 2000 patch:
Quote:
Reoccurring Amnesia has been made more effective
Found some other mentions, this one from December 2002:
Quote:
Reoccurring Amnesia - Reoccurring mem blur, like a mem blur dot. Very odd hatelist behaviour when it suddenly works late in the fight. Medium odds of it working (maybe 50%), for 100 mana.

Note that the percent chance of it working I gave is -not- counting resists. If the spell lands at all, it still frequently doesn't do a damn thing. I've actually had
nearly as good luck clearing aggro with mez as any blur line spell. They give percentages on lucy, with mezzes varying from 1-2% and mem blurs varying from 10-30
Seems to suggest the mem blur lines are just terrible and better success with mez, so it could just mean the spell is terrible, although there is the mention of a late fight blur behavior (could just be six seconds from a single pulse though).

However, another corroborating post with a suggestion of it only pulsing once (suggests initial cast has a chance, then one more pulse? ) comment from March 2000:
Quote:
"enhancements" to enchanters...
- Reoccurring amnesia broken (doesn't reoccur)
(been fixed recently to reoccur once, not a timed duration, and this is a level 49 spell)
I apologize for not linking those direct, my newsgroups links never work, but you can search the phrases to confirm.

Conclusion: Reoccurring Amnesia is working as intended?
Old 11-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Also, for what its worth, it may be feasible that early on live this spell worked, but was later 'fixed' to only pulse once. Remember enchanters used to group a lot on live (not just solo in PoM), if you mez a mob, then cast Reoccuring Amnesia that lasts 30 seconds, it doesn't just clear YOU from the hate list, it clears the ENTIRE hate list.

Saw some mentions of the dangers back in 99 that if you cast this after you mez a mob, and mob is then engaged by tank, the tank could sporadically lose all agro and melee / wizards / healers could get destroyed easy.

Wouldn't put it past Verant to have put some 'fix' in place to shorten the pulse to please the tanking community or something like that.

Edit: OK last contribution, also saw mention that this could be a dangerous spell with 30 seconds of pulses as it clears entire hate list, and (at least back in the day) if a DoT did the last bit of damage on a mob but the hate list was clear the corpse would poof leaving no corpse (I'm assuming the DoT would do damage first before adding the member to the list?). So seems there were a lot of reasons why they wouldn't want this spell to pulse for so long.
Last edited by Rygar; 11-06-2017 at 09:09 AM..