Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right click the top of the patcher, click Start Everquest Only.

Inform before you angry.
Please comprehend the post before you reply. A new friend is looking to PATCH the game, not just play his outdated version......

I gave him a link to eqchanges27 and it still won't let him login to the server. The issue is there is no longer a step by step manual installation... There isn't even obvious instruction on how to change the eqhost file.

The old "getting started" guide was much better because it was stable. I'm trying to get new friends to play the server and it has turned out to be a disaster.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i am sorry, i am no opponent for your 2 digit IQ, i give up
Someone who cant use proper punctuation and capitalization calling MY IQ 2? Not sure why you are getting defensive... is it your patcher? That would explain a lot. Like I said, I'm not trying to bash on your program, its just unnecessary. No need to get nasty. And if you do need to get nasty, well... get some advice first. That was weak.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Orc

Anyone have a link to the patch files ? tried using way back machine but no luck
Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=98761

If you goto the news and announcements section(patches are news and announced) and look for the latest patch notes you then click on the link and Ta da.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=98761

If you goto the news and announcements section(patches are news and announced) and look for the latest patch notes you then click on the link and Ta da.
Thanks you've echoed an earlier response pointing to to the same suggestion. It's still only half of the battle. The other half is setting up the login information. I personally teamviewed his computer and unziped the eqchanges27 into his /sony/everquest directory. I edited the eqhost file and that's all I could remember to do off the top of my head. He still is stuck at "logging in to server".

They should probably sticky the old install instructions so that it's straight forward. It doesn't make sense for new players to have to search forums to find something.

I understand the premise of the launcher, the idea is to make it easy and I think it's a great idea. There needs to be a backup when the EQ emu server is having problems though...
Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furinex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone who cant use proper punctuation and capitalization calling MY IQ 2? Not sure why you are getting defensive... is it your patcher? That would explain a lot. Like I said, I'm not trying to bash on your program, its just unnecessary. No need to get nasty. And if you do need to get nasty, well... get some advice first. That was weak.
its not my program, and punctuation has nothing to do with anything ... i choose not to use it ... why should i? you dont understand what im saying? awh im so sorry ... wanz gramma moar fuxed ups so u underskandz me? uh uh ah ah ah?

you are unnecessary too, yet you are here ... just because you dont want to use the patcher doesnt mean its unnecessary ... alot of people play on multiple servers and dont want 10 6GB EQ folders shitting up their drives when they can use the launcher to easily patch back and forth in seconds ... but hey you dont have to use it!

but like i said already, you people here know everything ... so lolable
Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not my program, and punctuation has nothing to do with anything ... i choose not to use it ... why should i? you dont understand what im saying? awh im so sorry ... wanz gramma moar fuxed ups so u underskandz me? uh uh ah ah ah?

you are unnecessary too, yet you are here ... just because you dont want to use the patcher doesnt mean its unnecessary ... alot of people play on multiple servers and dont want 10 6GB EQ folders shitting up their drives when they can use the launcher to easily patch back and forth in seconds ... but hey you dont have to use it!

but like i said already, you people here know everything ... so lolable
I still fail to see where you got butthurt in all this. Also, I fail to see why you're being such a rude fuck. Also, a decent reason I'm not retorting in any way, shape or form is, you're doing it for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You should also look up the word "Unnecessary". I will do you a world of good with what you are *trying* to argue.

Anyways.... in an attempt to re-affirm this topics purpose...

EQ Host file set to this?

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998
Also, Setting processor affinity *may* help. I've seen instances with overclocking and dual/quad/sixt/oct core processors unable to get past the login screen without stocking, and setting affinity to one core.
Last edited by Furinex; 05-29-2013 at 10:21 PM..
Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Aviak

Yes I set his eqhost file to exactly that. In all honesty, interest is already dwindling thanks to League of Legends and the fact that there is no straightforward installation instruction in absence of the launcher.

I'll have him try again perhaps when the launcher is working. Thanks for your help though for those of you who aren't over opinionated trolls...
Old 05-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Aviak

lol..

if you dont want to use the launcher, dont use it.. simple as that
Old 05-30-2013, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamzal Sherbet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is true rogean fucked up BIG TIME here

just scrapping his legit instructions for some dudes patcher

iv even had to look for the latest patch one time and took me hour to find
If you had used the search function it would have taken 30 seconds. While I agree it should be easier to find, it should not take you an hour lol.