Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beornsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know, super novel lol.
There are free, or almost free (eg. $2/month VPN + pirate bay) ways, so I think we all just feel bad for you that you wasted your money.

But hey at least you can always resell the discs, and then you're just out the cost of shipping and the time you spent buying/selling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blackburrow doesn’t always have a ton of activity, I might recommend heading to crushbone instead!
Blackburrow gets plenty of activity for a starting character. Like you probably won't find six-man groups, but you'll find duos and trios, and that's all you need for Blackburrow.

But personally for a Halfling I wouldn't recommend Blackburrow or Crushbone, because they're both too far. Misty Thicket is a great starting zone, and then you've got East/West Commonlands (where you can usually get buffed in the EC Tunnel). Once that zone maxes out both Lavastorm and Oasis are within running distance, or you can catch a port out of WC to pretty much wherever.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Just trying to brace you for the future, halfling friend--

As a halfling cleric, you'll receive countless requests for SoW as many/most will assume you're actually a druid.

That minor drawback aside, you'll definitely enjoy the 5% exp bonus and also the (racial) ability to *sneak* as a halfling is pretty awesome. Sneaking will let you vend with people that don't like you, complete quests when your faction stinks, etc. Sneak is sweet!
Old 10-20-2018, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't sow a halfling racial ability?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a halfling cleric, you'll receive countless requests for SoW as many/most will assume you're actually a druid.
I find people tend to assume I'm a Cleric and ask me for rezzes.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halflings are amazing, though. Racial Sneak lets you shop, quest and bank anywhere, even if the vendor is max KOS to you, which they won't be, because everyone except trolls and iksar love Halflings. I would definitely recommend staying in Misty, then moving on to Befallen, then maybe Oasis, then Guk. Faydwer is for loser races like elves.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beornsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just waiting on my copy of titanium to arrive (actually found one to buy online), and I'll be rolling up a cleric. Probably will head to BB pretty early (lvl 3-4) to try to find some groups, unless anyone has a better suggestion. hope to see you all in game, and i'm hoping that the lower level population is still pretty decent.
Welcome to Project 1999 and Norrath! Don't be afraid to post on the Forums or particpate in FQ (Forumquest) any time if you are just bored, buying/selling in trade forums, looking for friends, guild, or groupies while medding afk or have a question about almost anything EQ or P99 related (or not in Off topic). There are many amazing people here and in-game whom are quick to answer questions and offer advice if poked or prodded a little with questions or topic introductions. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Asteria; 10-20-2018 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: "many people" more accurate than "some people"
Closed Thread