Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really though, figuring out which class is most fun in the end-game is a similar exercise to deciding which tax form is the most fun to fill out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed, end game blows in classic. No class is fun to play at 60. Live fixed that with AA's & scripted raids. Only challenges here are mobilization and waking up at 2am for quakes.
I'm sorry you both feel that way. I have a blast pulling, even in raids that don't need a batphone like royals, HoT, and Sky.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let’s not forget rogue ultra invis.
you mean, aalpha's pro advice of hugging the walls?
Old 10-20-2018, 06:56 PM
Kobold

I find main tank and main heal as my least favorite things to do when characters are stacked in progress.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's easily Wizard for PvE play. The so-called "masters of magical damage" do subpar DPS and are incapable of actually burning down a blue-con mob quickly on their own at the higher levels. On top of that, if you want to improve your efficiency, then you have to click Mana Robe inbetween each meditate tick and then reapply the Epic shield every 13/14 clicks, just to be able to achieve this subpar DPS. It's very annoying, for underwhelming payoff. The class also lacks utility outside of that and is incapable of soloing relevant high-end content (anything that summons = you lose). Yes, ports are a needed game function, but it's not exciting and that role can just be played by alt characters for the most part.
Poor wizards...I'm surprised they don't "accidentally" port people to Plane of Hate more often. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Spell AAs like increased crits made nuking so much more fun for many classes, but especially wizards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is all matter of opinions but I'll give my 2 copper...

Cleric

Everyone has different things they can do in different situations. Of those cleric is the most like limited.

Yes a cleric can CC rather well with roots and stun command. But so can all of the other priests and casters with root (sorry mage). And in a group situation once a camp is broken the cleric doing or even helping with CC is usually very minimal.

The better gear your melee and tank has the less work a cleric does. The gear levels on p99 are so much higher than what the game is balanced for at almost every level bracket that even at 58 I find my cleric just casting celestial or remedy to top someone off just to prevent me from reaching 100m (wasting Mana if not medding)

Solo wise cleric is just awful pretty much a waste of time. Basically in the high 50s it means spending an entire Mana bar to kill 1 con blue or light blue.

Gear upgrades. Aside from some clickies and resists mostly just means a bigger Mana pool. Barely relevant in group content and only relevant in a few raid bosses or if your doing a raid boss with a few less clerics in the chain. Overall not much to look forward too.

Group content. People want clerics for alot of normal camps and a few plat camps, sometimes to pair with enchanters. However on the high end alot of times a good torpor shaman can completely replace the need for a cleric.

Raid content. Hit CH macro sit and eat mod rods. A requirement for raids but that's about it

High end.. gearing up a cleric extends your length in a CH chain, doesn't do much for your group or solo play. Other classes can raid just fine and get much bigger benefits from raid gear in terms of their raid role, group role and solo play
I've always felt cleric may be great if you love to chat or multi-task play EQ when not in a dire or tough combat situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBH mage soloing in sol/guk was a fun challenge compared to an enc or nec.

You don't have the enc/nec swiss army knives, it's all about the pet, and chaining pets to break camps was certainly not boring to me. Some truly epic battles were fought for sure.
Mr. Miyagi would totally agree with this. For Example, taking on multiple guards in Highhold keep in the 20s and early 30s with doing some extra damage and shielding the pet/burning 1 guard down by being in melee range with fire DS on himself(as well as pet) and some decent +hp gear and always having the self-only HP regen "armor" shield buff on certainly
can make a magician much more interesting and less boring. You don't have to chain fire pet 100% of the time solo (especially before lvl 30) when there is almost nowhere to run around or you don't have root nets yet or just don't want to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling, I'd say druid has been the most boring. In part that's because I haven't played either of the top contenders, Wizard and Rogue. In part that's because I don't particularly care to solo usually. In groups all you do as a druid is help get people to the hunting spot, sit there, buff people, cast the same heal periodically, and port people out afterwards.
Servant, have you not been in any groups on your druid where you can provide DPS with nuke or DoTs or ghetto CC with snare/root? BTW I'm curious: wot are good grouping areas that druids can utilize a strong charmed animal pet?

Personally, I'd vote for wizard, cleric, & magician being the most boring overall to the most people. I'd also rank dps monk pretty high if you almost never get to do fun pulls or tank.
Last edited by Asteria; 10-20-2018 at 07:36 PM..
Old 10-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easily Shaman for me. The constant nagging for buffs, the slow and tedious root rotting, and the general nature of being a priest class. Super powerful at 60, but an absolute chore to get there, and a complete slog to play once you are 60. Sure, I can solo dragons, but it takes a month to do it.
True......
*Remembers that one time during LDoN era that shaman pets could still dual wield(mine always did with mage proc weapons) and they added that shaman spell that gave your target a large damage spell proc buff that had an insanely high proc rate until they nerfed the proc rate.*
Last edited by Asteria; 10-20-2018 at 07:55 PM..
Closed Thread