Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 08:48 AM
Banned

Default Velious soloing for Necros (50+)

There are some great Necro guides on the wiki but it seems none of them have been updated for Velious, at least not extensively.

Are there any decent spots for Necro soloing in Velious? Especially level 50+?
Old 10-18-2018, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Plane of mischief forest plants up to 54. You can root rot rats after that but it's slow and tedious.

Otherwise there's no undead 50+ to reliably solo and the extra hp velious mobs have makes it not worth the time.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

WL - sentient suits, geonids, giants near KD zone line.
DN - spideys
VL - frenzy or CE camps
CS - wyverns, bulthork things
KD - zone in giants
SS - a bunch of things I hear but I never tried myself
ToFS - upper levels should be blue and challenging to 50+ necro. You can even summon your own corpse which is nice in this zone.
Surely I'm missing quite a bit of spots.

Most stuff has a bunch of HP and/or higher than usual resists so it's really not worth it if you're looking for quick exp.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Not so much that it hasn't been updated but more that Velious mobs are a bit tougher then vanilla/Kunark mobs and since you get get to 60 easily without Velious, no real reason to go there. Unless you just really want a change of pace.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

I’ve seen necros solo wyverns in CS but no clue how effective that is. PoM has a big ZEM and is very safe and convenient except for getting there. Not much beats charming in HS though
Old 10-19-2018, 06:31 AM
Sarnak

Skyshrine has sets of Wyverns grouped of 4, then 3, a roamer, then another 5 with a cube roamer you can probably start around 55+. Some are pretty MR and some of the cubes can spawn with 20k+ hp which is a bit rough to take down with out the mana regen of demi lich. There loot tables are massive and drop some great no drop items for a necro and other classes, and then some droppable items that sell for a pretty penny or 2. (2-5k on average).

Velks, you can solo some of the entrance mobs starting in your 50s, but this is slow and some these things backstab quite a bit. There are some charmable mobs down by brood mother, but getting there will be painful if you dont know where all the traps are.

DN, you can chill at the spawn in and fear kite spiders. Again, these can be semi resistant and test your mana pool before demi lich. There's also a chance at a phase spider carapace.

Kael, the only thing really worth doing for a necro solo is the mobs at 4 way because you can get armor drops. This would be 55+ and will be slow until you get demi lich.

The wyverns in CS aren't bad, but you'll be competing with all the quad kiters, so the xp tends to be a bit slow. If you get it when no ones there, it's actually not a terrible place to XP.

WL...Geo's have a ton of HP and adds are a problem. It's not a bad AFK camp if you dont mind just killing 1 or 2 spawns and waiting for repops. Suits are usually camped by quadders, but ok XP if you can get them.

There are still some orcs that will give xp in the 50's at the Ry'gorr fort. But these pulls are tough and will require some pet sacrifices, stalking probes, root net clickies. Really more hassle than what you get in return.

Lastly, Western Wastes. This isn't an XP thing, but more of a different way to get a little bit of cash. Those giant silk wurms that are level 61. You can kite them and let your pet go bananas on them. In theory all you need is jboots, the rogue pet, and the level 1 disease cloud spell that SK's use for a taunt. Pull one, get a head, cast disease cloud. Do this a few times to build plenty of aggro. Sick pet, and keep kiting while casting disease cloud in between. This is a long kill. At 60, it takes me about 30 minutes per mob with the EoT pet. So I imagine it will be at 45 mins+ without EoT because of misses from the Rogue pet. But you get a chance at ice burrower silks, which from as I can tell is about a 50% drop rate. These sell for 1-2k to trade skillers (or did). Not the most efficient cash flow, but it's cash flow. And killing those things is some how satisfying.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skyshrine has sets of Wyverns grouped of 4, then 3, a roamer, then another 5 with a cube roamer you can probably start around 55+. Some are pretty MR and some of the cubes can spawn with 20k+ hp which is a bit rough to take down with out the mana regen of demi lich. There loot tables are massive and drop some great no drop items for a necro and other classes, and then some droppable items that sell for a pretty penny or 2. (2-5k on average).
It's funny. I came upon this spot after hitting 60 and remember thinking "man, I wish I had known about this pre-60 as I just love being able to get exp AND a chance at great loot. The prices on the best tradeable items have dropped some but there are still some 3-5k items that drop (I think Elder's Earring still fetches 10-12k). Biggest issue is that the exp is likely terrible. But it is exp.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Veksar would be a great addition to p99 :/
Closed Thread