Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Hangerbaby

Remove NPCs entirely until they are quest accessible
I do believe that no matter what you do you will be told it is broken, anyways, but its easier for you to make the NPCs untrackable so no one finds them and whines about it.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Was the Thex Dagger quest fixed? Is the blued two handed hammer in? I'm assuming jboots is a drop?
Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was the Thex Dagger quest fixed? Is the blued two handed hammer in? I'm assuming jboots is a drop?
yes
no
yes
Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

so will there be lowlvl split paw 1.0 ?
Old 11-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

no

lol wut
Old 11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Remove npcs. No function= no need.

Sky came after hate/fear. not sure on timeline though, sorry!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the option of removing quest functionality, or removing npcs. After I do this once, it will be easy to revert in the future. We have a new method of enabling/disabling npcs, loots, and quests by timeline occurrence, so I have only to set these up once.

Ivy Etched - 2 npcs in Kithicor.

Should they exist prior to the opening of sol ro and not offer their quests, or not exist at all?
Exist before Sol Ro (not gamebreaking)

Crafted Armor - 2 npcs in Southkarana.

Should they exist prior to the opening of sol ro and not offer their quests, or not exist at all?
Exist before Sol Ro (not gamebreaking)

Ro Armor - Rathe Mountains

The npcs on the hill in rathe mountains. Should they exist prior to the opening of sol ro and not offer their quests, or not exist at all?

Totemic Armor - 2 npcs in Lake Rathe

Should they exist prior to the opening of sol ro and not offer their quests, or not exist at all? Exist before Sol Ro (not gamebreaking)

Zone openings:

-dates hateplane/fearplane/airplane opened in 1999 ?
Pofear was released first, a month or so after launch (distictively remember it wasnt even a 46+ zone initially, people were rushing level 1s in there and logging them out.. Initially it was a non kos zone.) Id say open PoFear within the first month of launch.

PoHate followed shortly after, I'd say roughly 3-4months after launch. I wouldnt object to this being on the same timeline as PoFear because it only hinders other classes from their gear other than whats randomly dropped from Phobos

PoSky - I'd say wait approximately 3-4months after release. People will be accustomed to the dynamics of the Planes somewhat, and can start getting owned in Sky.
Annnd.. anything else I might be forgetting? Any prekunark quests/npcs which should/shouldn't exist that hasn't been addressed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Last edited by Kringe; 11-17-2011 at 04:32 PM..
Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

if you REALLY don't want ppl posting about these broken quests/missing NPCs in the bug forums.. leave the quest NPC in, and have it respond to a hail with "THIS QUEST WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED BY P1999 STAFF UNTIL A LATER DATE" or some other such jarring, immersion-shattering message.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Project Manager

I actually think it would happen more if the npcs were left there. i.e. NPC NOT RESPOND TO CRAFTEZ ARMOUR MELOLS. WHY U PUT IT IN IF CAN"T USE< THIS PLACE SUX AND U HARD ON NOOB. etc.

So, quest npcs not involved in other quests will be removed until their time is appropriate. Centaurs in SK, Totemic folks in lakerathe, etc. Easiest way I guess unless someone has evidence to the contrary.

Thanks for helps.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sky came after hate/fear. not sure on timeline though, sorry!
Quote:
Jan 00 - Plane of Sky
ugh...
Closed Thread