Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and quite frankly I have already killed 900000000 EQ mobs 9000x before so this journey sux

2tru
Old 11-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Interestingly enough, most of those factions are fake.
Frogloks of Kunark is real, I guess.
Sarnak? (aka not Sarnak Collective)
Swamp Giants of Kunark? (lolololol what)
Iksar? (aka not legion of cabilis, cabilis residents, etc.)
Old 11-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by umadbro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently this server has a HUGE leveling exploit several of its' well-known people here (on the forums) have abused to level up. The mob is located in Misty Thicket. The name of the spawn is Slaythe.

He is used in a quest called Avenger Battle Axe.

"Bronin Higginsbot is sometimes found in Rivervale and sometimes near the southern tower in Misty Thicket. When you ask Bronin about the Emerald shard, he says he will give it to you if you do a small favor. Apparently a bounty hunter by the name of Slaythe is after him. He says if you return a piece of his body, he will give you the emerald. Slaythe is beyond the wall in Misty Thicket. He appears to be a Froglok (around level 21 or so)! He hops around between the Orc camp and the wall. You may have to talk to Bronin to get him to spawn. If you defeat him, you get a froglok leg (lore item), a few gold, and the following faction adjustments: Frogloks of Kurnak gets worse and Sarnak, Swamp Giants of Kurnak and Iskar get better...."

Apparently there are people abusing this quest and spawning Slaythe instantly (see above for the portion of the quest where you are to slay him to advance the quest). I personally know people who have gained 6 levels (15-21) in just one night from exploiting him.

Here is a rather small list of players I know for a fact who have abused Slaythe:
  • Masterkova (Lovely)
  • Darwoth
  • Salty

What bothers me the most is these players chose not to report this exploit, instead they chose to abuse it. This server is suppose to remain as close to classic as possible. I'm pretty sure classic had no instant spawning mobs to experience on...the main thing is the above players and anyone else who has abused this leveling exploit chose to take advantage of it, hurting our server and making it unfair to the rest of population who is leveling the right way.
Slaythe was in the game before Kunark was released.
Earliest post available about Slaythe in the link you provided dates back to February of 2000 and Kunark was released in April.
So unless the Kunark faction hit was added later it is most likely a mistake.

Also, the earliest post about the Eye of Stormhammer quest clearly states:
Quote:
Just as a side note but Slaythe can be a pretty good kill since he can be shared by potentially a limitless amount of people since he is triggered by saying something. ohh well just my 2cp
I will conceded that this post is from July of 2000 which is post Kunark, but it's also confirmed that the mob is pre-Kunark.

So far I am not seeing any conclusive evidence that this mob should not exist in its current state with its current spawn mechanic.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

On a side note, exploits don't go in server chat.
Not moving this thread since I am not the one that decides what gets nerfed in game and the quest is acting as it did on live.

Had this been an actual exploit, I would have had to delete this thread and asked you to submit it in the proper way.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

shenanigans, shady stuff, Smedy, Salty, Darwoth, Lovely.

these 6 words keep repeating theirselves together throughout this forum.

Pattern forming.

Hmmmm.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm level 38 and 3 levels ahead of everyone on the server.
Hmmm sounds like awesome PvP.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 11-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by umadbro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a rather small list of players I know for a fact need to be congratulated:
  • Masterkova (Lovely)
  • Darwoth
  • Salty

What bothers me the most is these players are just so much better than me at playing this game. They think outside of the box, and they give people like me a really good reason to complain about things that I can't do on my own, and don't have enough friends with which to accomplish.
Fixt.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a side note, exploits don't go in server chat.
Not moving this thread since I am not the one that decides what gets nerfed in game and the quest is acting as it did on live.

Had this been an actual exploit, I would have had to delete this thread and asked you to submit it in the proper way.
Seems to be a common trend with things like repeatedly spawning an NPC being marked as OK, it going public, then being nerfed. The hard and fast rule does not exist, but maybe it can't.

It does show (ahem, for the bluebies) that the red server players definitely have the tricks up their sleeve and can contribute to posting bugs / improving the server (read: griefing by getting exploits addressed).
Old 11-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
.....being marked as OK, it going public, then being nerfed.
Read: We the staff know more than you know, and whenever it becomes obvious to more than the few who have already figured out we don't, we planned it that way all along and wanted to wait and change it when the time is right. And besides, even if we don't know more, you posted it in the wrong section, so nananananana- doesn't count.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Banned

rollback anyone exploiting this quest and give em a vacay
do the same thing to lovely cause we all know that whistle is durty as fuk
Closed Thread