Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

View Poll Results: What should the Roleplay Guild Name be?
In Tenebris Nos Esse - In Darkness We Exist 7 28.00%
Vox Dei - Voice of God 1 4.00%
Vox Populi - Voice of The People 4 16.00%
Magnum Opus - Great Work 1 4.00%
Ignotus - Unknown 6 24.00%
Simul Sicut Unus 2 8.00%
Black Lotus 4 16.00%
Fellowship Of The Black Lotus 8 32.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Aviak

There was a guild on my live server (called <House of Thex> I think) that was made up of light elves (high, wood, half) and dark elves. They RPed, and actually killed each other, was a team pvp server. It's probably a bad idea to make sister guilds, as the guild would be kind of low on members as it is. Maybe some cool storyline like the Thex thing they did on my old server would work?
folk singers sing songs for the working, baby

we're just recreation for all those doctors and lawyers
there's no relief for the bleeding heart
'cause they'll be losing bodies tonight
Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Aviak

I think as evidenced by the people in this thread that it would be a good idea
I think alot of people might just make an alt to play in it if it gets enough hype
I would love to be a member of this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Aviak

[[ Hi guys.
Some great suggestions here, however being the main attraction of this guild would be role-playing I would probably make it mandatory to use [[ ]] or something of your choice to indicate /ooc. Whilst I understand you may jump in/out of character, some of us prefer to be full time in character, unless through tells and stuff also it helps others to know between the two. Also the fact that it is a role-playing I would expect you to be in character quite a bit of the time (not all the time as I understand we are all human beings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ). However as far as mixing the races together I would need time to think over the approach I would like to take.

The light vs dark PvP sounds like a great idea, but again it's an aspect of the game a lot of people on blue do not like, perhaps some tweaking could be done to the set up to make it more fun though! I'm also headed towards the idea of a guild with a guild name based around unity (of some kind) perhaps that have a main goal to achieve in Norrath and in doing so, once the task is complete split and go back to their separate ways of life (massive long term goal, ideally one that isn't completed so as the guild stays alive duhh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]!). In terms of a story this would be a great long tale, one where the was a problem, they united to make an epic force, then in the history books they disband and no such power was seen since ( almost like a god [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

]]

Brother Hayle shouts, 'All hail Aegnarion, wielder of Soulfire!'

Follow my Adventures through Norrath!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Aviak

Maybe the guild could be united in the common goal of eradicating the dwarven race. That's something everyone, good and evil, can agree on, right? :P
folk singers sing songs for the working, baby

we're just recreation for all those doctors and lawyers
there's no relief for the bleeding heart
'cause they'll be losing bodies tonight
Old 10-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnbow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe the guild could be united in the common goal of eradicating the dwarven race. That's something everyone, good and evil, can agree on, right? :P
[[ Hahahaha! Oh this made me laugh =) ]]

Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

I was the leader of an RP guild on Brell. With a Rallos Zek worshipping Warrior as a leader, we were a Warrior culture. We fought and dueled, most members had to prove themselves in duels in the arena before being allowed to join. We weren't super strict on that, most of the time it wasn't about winning or losing it was more about fighting valiantly. We'd do low or mid level dungeon crawls with whoever wanted to show up, and we'd have weekly meetings in the arena.

We tried to get other guilds to war with us, but people were very concerned about the game mechanics and whether or not they'd lose experience or loot (yeah, bluebies, I know). Despite some people actually leaving the guild because of our war-mongering efforts, which I thought was a silly and cowardly thing to do, we did manage to stir up a few guild wars and they were some of the most fun I've ever had in the game.

While I enjoyed this play style back in those days, I don't think P99 has a large enough population to make that possible again. Most of the players are in the min/max mindset. That's not to say you shouldn't try, I wish you the best of luck.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Aviak

I've got a low lvl ogrum I love to RP with
Old 10-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

dunno if i'd put all of my toons in this guild

but if you guys would let me just put an alt in there then definitely
Old 10-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Aviak

[[ I'm definitely working on something so keep your eyes peeled. I've got work to deal with atm but once that's out the way the cogs are gonna start turning. I think I would, after a few days of thinking like to incorporate some kind of pvp event within the guild.. keep the ideas coming i'm open to them all. Perhaps Good vs Evil, we will see! ]]

Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

I rp onall of my toons really. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] would prolly throw all my alts in the rp guild [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(i exclusively play elves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] with some exepctions that it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Closed Thread