Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
47 raids and about 15 hours of tracking got me about 850 dkp, which was enough for zero items.
If true, that is criminal. A good example for anyone joining a DKP guild that they need to do their homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQsale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silk robe is not BEST IN SLOT just saying... guess people at AG have low standards

Sal`Varae`s Robe of Darkness way better but AG will never see one =-D

Went for 1800 DKP this week.
6DKP is an hour and a half of raiding in our system. 1800 dkp is an incredible time investment that only the most passionate neckbeard would ever consider reasonable. According to the wiki, vulak spawns once per week and drops it 4% of the time. Assuming one guild gets all 60 vulak spawns a year (one per week plus earthquakes) you are looking at only a handful of those being available all year. Good luck with that.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:30 AM
Sarnak

Thanks for your responses. How would one become acquinted with the particular raid rules of a guild?
I wouldn't be able to swing a raid % commitment. Ideally I would like to have access to some good raid targets, without the mandatory attendance or other such rules that require a lot of time flexibility.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
47 raids and about 15 hours of tracking got me about 850 dkp, which was enough for zero items.
You forget to note that this was as an applicant.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:31 AM
Banned

basically just proves the point that it's a retarded system when you invest that much time and you can't even spend your goblintown currency
Old 06-01-2016, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

I came to conclusion, shared by many, that dkp on a content locked server like p99 is kind of pointless. DKP is useful when content is flying by, and you want to make sure you have points to get items before the game (and your guild) moves on.

On p99, burn out and turnover is so high, and again, the content is locked at Velious, so really, dkp is an unnecessary complication, needless work for the officers. Basically, if you can commit to a year (maximum) of heavy playing, you will get the itemz you want as long as you are in a guild owning content.

(Just to reaffirm how messed up I am, "a year of heavy playing" sounds modest to me. But during live, everyone was playing heavy in the top guilds, and you only had ~6 months before the ancient runed orcish reamer you wanted was going to be obsolete, so playing the DKP game was crucial to getting the pixels. Just not a factor on p99. Just put in your time, be a good guildie, especially tracking and other skullfucking jobs like coth bitch etc, and you will get...... the pixels of your dreams)

edit: and oh yeah, don't join a zerg guild. Moar members = moar mouths to feed. Since the mighty BDA has left the building, not sure what non-zerg guilds are left. The ideal is to join a guild whose actual raiding force at any given time is well south of 200 people.
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 06-01-2016 at 03:00 AM..
Old 06-01-2016, 04:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Casual

Also doesn't help to join Taken with their years and years of legacy DKP.

-damn how many DKP per hour of tracking do Taken give? That's some Federal Reserve level of inflation.
Last edited by Skew; 06-01-2016 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: .
Old 06-01-2016, 08:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
basically just proves the point that it's a retarded system when you invest that much time and you can't even spend your goblintown currency
You got something better than DKP? He's asking about DKP and we're answering. You're just cluttering up the thread with poor trolling attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambahpants [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You forget to note that this was as an applicant.
How many raids does it take to go from "applicant" to "member" so that you can earn and spend dkp with no strings attached?
Last edited by Expediency; 06-01-2016 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: .
Old 06-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

I think that's another issue for new players joining the party late here. There's a bunch of people who've been here for years who haven't changed guilds etc with more amassed DKP than you can imagine.

Want that necro pet focus item (or something else that drops once in a blue moon)? Naw, not happening.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
How many raids does it take to go from "applicant" to "member" so that you can earn and spend dkp with no strings attached?
It isn't a number of raids. It is 3 weeks (In Awakened, anyway) before you are voted on.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casual

Also doesn't help to join Taken with their years and years of legacy DKP.

-damn how many DKP per hour of tracking do Taken give? That's some Federal Reserve level of inflation.
14 / hour FTE foot race. 10 / hour face tracking bind sight 3rd party program link. 6 / hour buffing.
Closed Thread