Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Default Zone suggestions for Power Level (1-20) in low-pop zones

Hello everyone,

Duo of a lvl 40 Monk/Shaman is seeking low-key zone suggestions for powerlevelling our friend. Hoping to get our friend to level 20-ish so that he can group up with our various alts.

Thing is, we'll feel like jerks doing this for several hours in a populated zone. Any suggestions for low-population zones that could cover this level range? For instance, is Kerra Isle an option?

Befallen (despite the ZEM) is simply off the table after how many times we've had to vacate during our lower lvls due to PLer's; maybe we just had bad luck. I've even seen enough action in the Warrens lately that I'm hesitant to suggest that zone.

Would welcome any suggestions!

PS - PL approach is for Sham to heal/buff/round up mobs, Monk beats them up to about 5% + FDs allowing our buddy to get full EXP.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

You can try kaesora. It's a high ZEM zone and almost always empty.

Also SolA Goblins / Gnomes. High ZEM there too. But more often camped than Kaesora.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Cavern below kurns is great and I rarely saw people down there.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Banned

1-20 warrens is good
1-15 unrest yard is good
1-20 Kerra island
1-25 lake of I’ll omen has a plethora of mobs
1-20 Kurns
Highpass orcs is like 8-9 orcs every 5mins + scalps for exp
Upper Guk ** usually empty enough for a powerlvl and you could easily go 1-30 here** this would be the first place I looked

You may be able to get away with SolA if monk and shaman are geared

PLing a low lvl in kaesora at lvl 40 wouldn’t be efficient
Old 10-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Thank you everyone for the detailed info! I also did not think Kaesora would work (hell, it's still a bit scary for us to exp in at lvl 40) but love all of these other suggestions
Old 10-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Banned

Yea man - honestly go to upper Guk and just have the low lvl follow the monk around and clean up it has one of the two highest ZEMs in the game could also look into a https://wiki.project1999.com/Brazier...ntal_Summoning and give the pet like a runed frost blade + torch for some hits in the 70s lol
Old 10-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Thing is, we'll feel like jerks doing this for several hours in a populated zone. Any suggestions for low-population zones that could cover this level range? For instance, is Kerra Isle an option?
Thanks for caring, really.

Many folks think it's ok to PL during peak times in zones like CB or Kurns. I'd ignore the draw to hit zones with a good ZEM since those are usually pretty populated. Instead I would try less popular zones like Steamfont, SRO, NRO, Lava ect. Just be aware of newbies trying to level the ALS way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Hey Menden, you know it! Our goal is to level our buddy up in a manner that doesn't inconvenience or irritate other players. We've certainly been on the losing end of that stick on our Monk/Sham, especially as newbs. Thank you for the additional input!

Zipity, I've read about those crazy Braziers and we honestly might just try one if our buddy can commit to a session of 4-5 hours. Even though my monk is literally using this same weapon, I've read that giving the Brazier pet a Wu's Quivering Staff is a great way to maximize the pet's DPS/usefulness (for minimal plat).
Old 10-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Ive always used Kerra Island
Old 10-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive always used Kerra Island
Ok nice! I've only been there once, it totally strikes me as the epitome of a low-population/underutilized zone.

Do you have a minimum level recommendation before bringing him out there? (ie have you brought level 1's out there? didn't know if we should get him to lvl 5 first or something). Basically we need to make sure he's able to "land a hit" on the mobs after I get 'em down to 5% and flop
Closed Thread