Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 06:52 AM
Fire Giant

Default Class(es) that get most/least mileage from BiS

Like the title says, which classes do you think benefit most from "BiS" end game gear. Looking at my necro I can see that of course it would be beneficial to my character, be that while raiding or otherwise, to have an additional 7-900 mana/hp but it actually feels like it equates to not that much. It's maybe 2 extra twitches I could fire off during a hard encounter. Of course resists help to survive AoEs but still... being a purecaster it just doesn't feel that impactful. More of a prestige thing.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:59 AM
Banned

Necros probably benefit most from items that give hp regen.

Melees usually benefit the most from items.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

Off the top of my head, I’d say there’s no class that’s more than +25% effective with BIS over some random newly 60 with an entry-level raiding kit. It’s more efficient to recruit a new person and get +75% of a person than to make one your old persons +25%. You can see this strategy (zerging) employed by every raiding guild on this server, ever, up until such a time when they get enough +25% people to do encounters with less people. This new strategy is called skill. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2018, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

I have no frame of reference for other classes, so I can't tell if it's the most, but the power difference between your average compost green-armored pushover and a proper purple, fully clickied up Druid is so vast--both in terms of encounters that can be attempted or meaningfully contributed to, and how much can be contributed--that they may as well be different classes.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed. 4 PoTGs instead of 3.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

What's more impactful than gear is a player that actually knows mechanics and their class.

Taking it to the next level is a player that also knows how their class complements/works with other classes in their raid group.

I'll take that player in banded over half the people in BiS.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

If your Druid can cast 4 POTGs in a row, you wasted a lot of DKP gearing them extremely wrong. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol if your druid has more mana than HP, just lol
Old 10-18-2018, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Don’t worry, she’s got a turtle belt for +atk.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

I didn't read the OP as talking strictly about raiding. And BIS gear can make an incredibly amount of difference doing other stuff, like powerleveling friends, handling tougher camps with only 1-3 people, being a showoff (tunnelfashion epeen measuring aside, you know it's fun sometimes), etc. I think most of the time it's clickies and procs and worn effects that make the bigger difference, rather than just raw stats, unless maybe you're a pure melee class.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

BiS Shaman and Enchanter get the most mileage if you take them out and actually play non-raid content.

Gatmanno just mad he will never be Gatmanno the Pirate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Pringles; 10-18-2018 at 07:57 AM..
Closed Thread