Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

Default Necro soloing

Tons of threads on this topic, but looking for some fresh takes. My playstyle really leans itself towards chain killing. I get immensely bored quickly when I have to stop and med between pulls. I don’t mind however to meet during fights. I’m at level 20 necro now... any suggestions for good xp that matches this ? Think like orc highway in oasis or something.
Kill efficiency has really picked up, but I feel like I’m still missing something.

I would go to the usual places for grouping, but I tend to end up with people who prefer full groups without bias towards hybrids lol. Noticeable do gain quickly becomes 5 hours per level and I lose interest very fast. Any thoughts on how I can speed this up ? Feel free to PM me too 🤷*♂️

Thanks
Nate
Old 11-20-2019, 07:04 AM
Fire Giant

Without clarity/breeze soloing will always only be so efficient.

I guess you either solo and be bored which takes longer generally from medding etc but allows you freedom to afk etc

Or

Group and accept any penalties which come with it but also has potential for non stop killing.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

When does necro soloing become faster than a full group xping in Guk or Unrest?
Old 11-20-2019, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

I really enjoy soloing on necros. The litch line of spells speeds up the regen of mana. I have had enchanters tell me their clarity didn't take on me because the litch was higher. Hang in there and find a book to read while meding. However, keep track of your health. I have killed my self this way. Books get too interesting and I die from the hp loss while meding with a litch spell running.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When does necro soloing become faster than a full group xping in Guk or Unrest?
At level 1. Continues until level 60.

Nothing is slower than a full group exping (except maybe a group full of hybrids).

To chain kill as a necro, and get exp from the mobs you kill, you'll need to be 55+ and do it in a place such as HS, with an endless supply of charmable undead. At lower levels, you'll need heavy twinking as you'll run ouf of mana fairly quickly. Good Lich spells come later in levels, and your max mana isn't too big compared to the cost of the spells you cast al the time.

You'll still have some downtime every once in a while - too many live mobs to kill in a row, bad charm break... lots of things can happen. But if you are high enough level, have good enough gear and are sufficiently proficient at it, it's pretty fast paced action.

Also your downtime is never really that long. Necros med up fast and if you're an iksar you regen fast too.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

At 20+, my suggestions would be:
- Upper Guk - whatever cons blue
- SK aviaks
- Highpass Hold - gnolls or orcs, you choose. Both should be blue. Get yourself some magic items
- EK crag spiders - time to level tailoring!
- Oasis - deepwater caimans / crocs should be blue. Orc alley an option too.
- Unrest - upstairs and/or floor level
- Mistmoore - entrance mobs I think are doable
- OoT - gargoyles

Those are just off the top of my head. If bored of soloing, find a duo partner. A Rogue alone will double your kill speed, and be great for your mana as you only need to snare + fear, then sit to med as your pet and the Rogue kill it.
Druid I find works well too. He snares and DoTs - you throw a non-snare DoT on and sic pet. /win.
Closed Thread