Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

If you can slog until 30, SHD gets pretty casual friendly, especially with the Circlet of Shadow/Circlet of Shadows.

29 is horrible though.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can slog until 30, SHD gets pretty casual friendly, especially with the Circlet of Shadow/Circlet of Shadows.

29 is horrible though.
If this is for green, it'll probably be a while until cos is available. But shd at 30 is probably friendly for afk.

Really I think any caster class isn't too bad as you can just gate if you need. Surprisingly wizard is ok as you probably won't be in a group and it's usually afk 10 minutes and then 30 seconds of quadding, you'll probably be afk anyway.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:48 AM
Banned

You'd be fine on an enchanter.

Like people have said....just bind somewhere close to your XP spot (pref at a ZL).

Emergency AFK? Gate, zone, /q.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter isn't the worst class for a casual player, but surely isn't the best one. You need to be pretty involved with the game mechanics to make any use of an enchanter.

Necro probably best, close second would be druid or SK.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Any class that can gate or FD should be fine...
Old 09-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even without being able to pick iksar I'd still roll a necro. The FD and solo power is exactly what you're after when you need to afk at the drop of a hat. Gnomes, Dark Elves etc still get the same spell book as iksars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also prefer an enchanter so I'm not limited to undead dungeons to be able to charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter isn't the worst class for a casual player, but surely isn't the best one. You need to be pretty involved with the game mechanics to make any use of an enchanter.

Necro probably best, close second would be druid or SK.
Ah we'll see how it goes, at least it will be a challenge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Hope I can solo some dungeons, the time zone where I am in it is hard to find a group.

Thanks everyone for the advice, see you on the green server hopefully.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The idea of looking for AFK-friendly classes sounds somewhat weird.