Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-18-2019, 07:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default I am not sure if this is the right place to post (AGI debuff, Snare)

First i would like to say i appreciate everything you guys do.
I just wanted to say one thing. A long time ago when i played i forgot what class i was playing but i knew if i lowered the mobs agility low enough it would essentially snare them. It was no were near as good as a Necromancers dooming darkness, or a 60 druids snare, but it was a method that worked and helped prevent mobs from running.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1643

About 13 post down people are explaining about the agi slowing movement in 2002

If i need to i can perhaps look up more information just my 2 copper.

I was thinking in case of being classic .. shouldnt it be for pvp as well as normal.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Former Guide

Quote the post you are referring to please, that thread is a mess with speculation and gut feels.

You would definitely need more evidence to prove any of this affected NPCs, which have always had special rules different from PCs.

By recollection on P99 when encumbered to the point of not moving your AGI is at 0, so guessing this is somewhat in place, not sure if at the proper scale to positively affect run speed when not encumbered.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

RE: AGI
#Dec 11 2002 at 10:28 PMRating: Sub-Default
Veryboredude
51 posts
I know for a fact that agility affects run speed. Haha you have to know these things on Rallos Zek =) When you and the crazy ******* of a wizzy is chasing you, having some extra agility puts you ahead!

and

RE: AGI
#Mar 08 2004 at 6:59 PMRating: Good
Kyrros
Sage
149 posts
I focus on DEX and AGI gear after I level to raise my Melee skills...

I have a high AGI than most, not to mention my own +15 AGI buff....

I find myself outrunning members of my own party frequently, especially with the the same SoW I SoW'd them with...

I've thought for years that AGI affects run speed... I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to notice.
Knights of Insomnia Homepage - Hosted by Guildportal.com

AGI
#Aug 12 2002 at 6:18 PMRating: Default
Godklaw
27 posts
IMHO... AGI rocks... There is some debate that Agility has no affect(effect?) on Dodge, Parry, Riposte etc... But I think that is crap... Anyone play a newbie with decent AGI, and when you are almost dead, your AGI goes down... Seems that you get hit EVERY SINGLE TIME now, HARD... and not only that, you NEVER dodge or parry an attack... So you die, EVERY time. Huge affect according to me. Also, have a bard friend who has 200AGI, and when we are grouped and running with Selo's, he outruns me bad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So I think it may affect run speed at the extremes, thats why you run so slow at low HP, because your AGI is crap. So, maybe I'm wrong about EVERYTHING, but hey, I like AGI, and my necro wears on of these for more than just the HP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] 'Sides, Efreei is a weak @$$ biznitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Morchaii X'Lottl
Demon of lost dreams and found nightmares.
Necromancer of the 57th circle
Brell Serilis
"My skin has been tinted blue from my black heart"

I will see if i can find any patch information
Old 11-19-2019, 07:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

on the site there isnt any argument either.. usually a troll or someone who knows it all comes in says no agi does encumbrance does it yada yada..all claims of yeah ill boost my agi and be faster .. honestly though i wasnt focused on the increase just the decrease.. in speed.. learning something new
Old 11-19-2019, 07:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I know this one is in 2004 but it is still something

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=8960
I will continue to read further into the comments and see

RE: TraversePrexus=retard
#Jan 05 2004 at 8:32 PMRating: Default
jcardo
18 posts
AGI does add to speed of running. The reduction of AGI is why you run slow during a "Death Crawl".

AGI affecting run speed can easily be tested (by not dying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) by loading yourself with goods (weight) in the Bazaar, where AGI isn't a factor, then zoning out.

At Normal weight/AGI you will move at normal speed. At elevated Weights your AGI decreases and you move slower (can barely move at AGI under 5, next time you're on a "Death Crawl" check your AGI, it will be REAL low). Over-encumbered to the point where your AGI is a negative number and you can't move at all (have porter ready [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Hope this helps,
Jcardo
Old 11-19-2019, 07:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Finally something for 2001 about a rogue

https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...ogue-community

Rogue's Order of Stat Importance for PKing
Stamina - Hitpoints
Strength - ATK boost, helps prevent encumbrance.
Agility - Only important to not be encumbered while low on stamina or hitpoints. You MUST keep this stat at/above 118 to avoid death march (decreased speed as a result of lowered agility at dangerous health levels) at any low hitpoint level and at/above 123 to avoid AC penalty (75 AGI nominal level) at any low hitpoint level. After that AGI has only a small effect on AC for PKing. So keep it at/above 123 at all times and then focus on STA and STR.

High agi avoided the movement speed decrease from the low health .. the agi is the cause of slower movement speed
Old 11-19-2019, 07:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

An agi debuff high enough slowed the mobs down running away. .the increase is something new to me.. but i think it was always like this and still is today.. and being overweight if you got your agi to 75 at least you would still run at normal speed or your normal baseline.

I want to play P1999 now but i hope that helps.. i will do more research but i wanna play now ...maybe tomorrow ill get a few more links.. its out there just a lil hard to find the correct information.. i was trying to see if i could find anything about movement impairing and if agi could work if they were immune to movement impairing abilities..
Last edited by Intensifier; 11-19-2019 at 07:35 AM..
Old 11-19-2019, 07:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

AGI had a little more importance on EQ than it does here.. the AC thing i believe is 100 or at least 99% correct on its changes in accordance with

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=2605

one more post for good luck i know its 2004 but its still evident .. because no patch notes changing this effect

RACE
#Aug 11 2004 at 3:37 PMRating: Sub-Default
lilcrowe
7 posts
ok this is frwaky but there is a way to beat a bard in a race u know hes going to use selos so u dump evything u own in the bank even armor u should way nuthing on u it soe u go super fast now get as many str buffs as possible u need to have str over 200 and then get azillon agility buffs until your agily is over 300 its very hard to do buts itts worth it u will hav the speed to ty wit a abrd now but theres 1 more step u need to get kaz and bot9 will help u wit health that will make u haave more energy thats how u out run a bard wit selos
Magelo: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1338750
Old 11-19-2019, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

“People with high agi are outrunning me!!!”

Sounds like homie didnt know how to strafe run lol
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=8573

Was looking at another post about pvp this is 2003 but again i do not believe this was ever an added mechanic just one that was always been

Shaman snare spell
#Jan 14 2003 at 8:26 AMRating: Good
Aggrok
Sage
280 posts
Yeah, shamans dont get a snare spell, but in PvP or duels this spell will encumber melees very quickly. You can drop their AGI by over 120 points if this lands on them due to being overweight. Land a slow and you could melee them do death lol. This is worthless on NPC's tho, unless its an epic fight where that 1% in your favor may make or break the fight. I keep this spell on around page 7 or so in my book, and occasionally use it on stuff thats super red to my pet ( level 55+ ) if I'm soloing. Otherwise I never use this spell. Dont pay more than 50pp for this, its super common to get.

58 Ogre Luminary on Luclin server--Chaotic Winds--Baron Aggrok