Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 12:44 PM
Kobold

Default You dont know what you have until you lose it

Shout out to Dial a Port. A service that was completely taken for granted.

Since green has come out and decimated Blue's #s from 1500+ to 200 - 500, people have had to get creative with ports.

"Where is DAP?" can be often read in shout/gu/etc...

Here is a toast to Dial a Port. May your ventures on Green/Teal/BrownSugar/Rogean's Basement be just as fruitful.

We had some good times eh?
Old 11-18-2019, 12:48 PM
Banned

Most druids / wizards will give you a ride if you offer to pay them well enough.

The remaining porters are making more money per port than ever before.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingurs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shout out to Dial a Port. A service that was completely taken for granted.

Since green has come out and decimated Blue's #s from 1500+ to 200 - 500, people have had to get creative with ports.

"Where is DAP?" can be often read in shout/gu/etc...

Here is a toast to Dial a Port. May your ventures on Green/Teal/BrownSugar/Rogean's Basement be just as fruitful.

We had some good times eh?

I mean immediately before green blue had a peak population of about 1000, and now it has a peak of about 500. About a year ago the peak was also about 1000.

Blues population drop is not as bad as people make it out to be, but it's definitely far more solo friendly than non solo friendly.

Green is more popular than Blue's peak.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean immediately before green blue had a peak population of about 1000, and now it has a peak of about 500. About a year ago the peak was also about 1000.

Blues population drop is not as bad as people make it out to be, but it's definitely far more solo friendly than non solo friendly.

What peak are we talking about? Blue had big numbers 1-2 years ago, was floating around 1700 for awhile.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

First, we can see qualitatively that there was a spike in population in December/January of 2018/2019: https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999...tion_increase/

Then we can see this quantitatively:
https://unixgeek.com/eqemu.html

Before the end of December 2018 spike there are ~1200 players as a daily peak population.

In September 2019 this peak population is ~1000 or less. Since Green's release I believe there are only 2 days with under 500 as a peak population.

The 1500+ only exists after reddit/discord/twitch pushed the population up at the end of last year. Unfortunately data is not reported further back, but we can see older posts confirm that the population was closer to 1-1.2k going back to 2016: https://www.project1999.com/forums/a.../t-257178.html

So we see what would probably be the steady state population of ~1000-1200 maximum per day, followed by an increase in January, followed by a slow decline to normal in September, followed by a drop of about 50% due to green. The population 9 months ago was much higher than the population had been in years due to Reddit, Discord and Twitch.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A 50% decrease in max population is a giant change.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 50% decrease in max population is a giant change.
Right... but it's a lot smaller than the "we went from 1500 to 200" drop people are citing. Comparing peak weekend hours to 8am on a Monday. I'm not saying it hasn't been impacted, but there are still groups. I leveled my paladin from 20-35 after green dropped and had a group every time I logged in and looked for it.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:48 PM
Banned

the blue exodus has begun. 0 reason to play on the beta anymore and more will realize this.

Ps you can from level 20-35 on a server with 0 pop but you can’t fix years of a broken inflated economy and the top end heavy kunark (the amount of chardok aoe that occurred was gross). I’m sure most are noobs and don’t understand why this is bad... oh well

This time around the kinks are gone.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no reason to continue playing on the server you're enjoying.

Right on man. You enjoy yourself trying to attack other people having fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2019, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the blue exodus has begun. 0 reason to play on the beta anymore and more will realize this.

Ps you can from level 20-35 on a server with 0 pop but you can’t fix years of a broken inflated economy and the top end heavy kunark (the amount of chardok aoe that occurred was gross). I’m sure most are noobs and don’t understand why this is bad... oh well

This time around the kinks are gone.
Blue will become the natural home of level capped players who still want to hang out with their friends, do some light raiding, and work on their alt projects, without trying to compete in the hardcore environment of in-timeline progression.

Blue is not the beta server, it's the retirement server. It just needs a bit more work to get it there (more regular quakes, and eventually custom content).
Closed Thread