Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 07:28 PM
Orc

I copied over P99 Wiki's consolidated ZEM list from EQMac to a spreadsheet and calculated the new ZEMs presuming the wiki values are correct for P99 too. Red highlighted rows seem like they were probably incorrect for P99 because they break the ZEM pattern of similar zones. (open the spoiler to view)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2020, 07:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivouac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I copied over P99 Wiki's consolidated ZEM list from EQMac to a spreadsheet and calculated the new ZEMs presuming the wiki values are correct for P99 too. Red highlighted rows seem like they were probably incorrect for P99 because they break the ZEM pattern of similar zones. (open the spoiler to view)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's with the hhk one? The math is wrong.
150-25=125

Also they gave exact numbers and didnt say to round things anywhere. So solb isn't 75. Yeah all your neg numbers are off. What's with your spreadsheet?

Nope noticed your numbers for ct and others off too. Cannot add in your own values. Put it way it was told by dev's. 1+1=2. Real addition here common.
Last edited by Trinost; 03-25-2020 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Noticed more to say
Old 03-25-2020, 07:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a bug. Works as intended. Dude paths from two points and if unlucky and didnt look up to make sure he wasn't above ya, you caused a massive train. Dungeons are supposed to be a challenge and take bit of thought. But ppl seem to forget to look around sometimes like UP LOL. So yeah just make sure to look up wait for him to not be there or get invs at entrance like guk. Simple stuff. Rhey don't see invis btw, likely bridge dude saw you b4 invis spell cast. Ran through here plenty with invis.
Don't remember classic being that way and if you think groups are gonna know exactly what to do with this obscure situation then we will continue seeing Splitpaw empty, because they won't know. If the team is wanting to make zones more accessible with ZEM then I think it might be worth considering alterations to pathing / mob behavior as well in the most extreme cases.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larethan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't remember classic being that way and if you think groups are gonna know exactly what to do with this obscure situation then we will continue seeing Splitpaw empty, because they won't know. If the team is wanting to make zones more accessible with ZEM then I think it might be worth considering alterations to pathing / mob behavior as well in the most extreme cases.
There is a guide on splitpaw and it was that way in classic. It is explained in the wiki guide..ppl don't fight there because zem sucked. Now it is better.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's with the hhk one? The math is wrong.
150-25=125

Also they gave exact numbers and didnt say to round things anywhere. So solb isn't 75. Yeah all your neg numbers are off. What's with your spreadsheet?

Nope noticed your numbers for ct and others off too. Cannot add in your own values. Put it way it was told by dev's. 1+1=2. Real addition here common.
No, 150 * 0.75 = 112.5, round to 113.

You don't add percentages. You multiply by them.

All of the ones that used to be 75% were increased BY 33%. So, 75 * 1.33 = 100. Bivouac's table uses that method on every entry, and I believe it is the correct method, since all of the numbers come out so nicely rounded.

So, basically, it looks like they got rid of that silly "75 = 100%" thing, and just made baseline 100. So, HHK has a ZEM of 112.5, which is an even 1/8th bonus, or 12.5% bonus.
Last edited by larper99; 03-25-2020 at 07:50 PM..
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 PM
Orc

Splitpaw guide link
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

Need to look at velious zones. So bad right now. So difficult, should be high reward? Maybe I'm wrong. Would be cool to setup an actual velks group and get rewarded for it exp wise.
Last edited by Isildur; 03-25-2020 at 07:49 PM..
Old 03-25-2020, 07:57 PM
Aviak

As a longtime leveler in HHK I feel as if my heart has just been pulled from my chest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Seriously who is gonna run to Perma everytime they want to get a group? Lower Guk got the shaft too.. Why?
Old 03-25-2020, 07:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, 150 * 0.75 = 112.5, round to 113.

You don't add percentages. You multiply by them.

All of the ones that used to be 75% were increased BY 33%. So, 75 * 1.33 = 100. Bivouac's table uses that method on every entry, and I believe it is the correct method, since all of the numbers come out so nicely rounded.

So, basically, it looks like they got rid of that silly "75 = 100%" thing, and just made baseline 100. So, HHK has a ZEM of 112.5, which is an even 1/8th bonus, or 12.5% bonus.
I don't see his table uses so could be correct. I will look more into this when I get home but from what I read it was simple increase and yes you do add if from same base aka 150/75-25/75=125/75 though ofc that would be improper fractions I showed however that is an example. 75 is base zem
Last edited by Trinost; 03-25-2020 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: Left out detail wanted to add
Old 03-25-2020, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Mobs in Plane of Fear are falling under world, which wasn't happening before this patch supposedly fixed such an issue...

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread