Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 11:03 AM
Orc

Default Wayfarer's Haven

Consider Wayfarer's Haven , AKA Project 2002. Tired of racing for the same old and boring content ? Make the move to Wayfarer's Haven where you can raid all the expansions up to planes of power currently and the server will be locking at Omens of War , which means epic 2.0s ! Yes this server does you allow you to have up to 3 clients running , but there is a reason. Once you are max level there is so much to keep you busy / occupied where as you don't have to create an alt and start all over again.
Therefore, the 3 boxing rule allows you to level up as the lower level community is not as populated because you don't have somebodys 5th twink alt running around. It seems everyone is taken away by boxing being allowed , but you all don't realize how often somebody is being boxed on p1999.
Everyone on this server has a cleric bot, tank bot, port bot , etc. If you need a rez you just have your trustworthy " friend " log in to your cleric and rez you, or just load the cleric on a laptop with a cellphone tether internet. What I'm trying to say is even if you used your friend to log in your cleric its the same difference to what every1 is turned off to by boxing being allowed. - Your not going to the community because you are using your own resources from what this server has become.
Respond here if this server interests you and I can help you with some starter gear on again, you don't HAVE to box to be successful on this server, but it helps. You don't NEED running shoes to run , but it helps.
Edit: This server is a completely different client and will NOT effect Project 1999 gameplay in anyway if you are not ready to make the full switch and want to give it a "trial run."
Edit: I am not tech worthy to form paragraphs on a forum, lol.

https://www.wayfarershaven.com/index.php
Last edited by Kulo; 09-20-2019 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-20-2019, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't bother reading due to lack of paragraphs.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-20-2019, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

A) your timing is terrible
B) paragraphs
C) anyone who knows anything about EQEmu knows that boxing leads to ... every other failed EQEmu server.

The only way I personally would ever try a boxing server was if it was basically just P99, but up to Luclin or PoP or LDoN ... and if it promised to disable boxing in a year when the population rose.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-20-2019 at 11:18 AM..
Old 09-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A) your timing is terrible
B) paragraphs
C) anyone who knows anything about EQEmu knows that boxing leads to ... every other failed EQEmu server.

The only way I personally would ever try a boxing server was if it was basically just P99, but up to Luclin or PoP or LDoN ... and if it promised to disable boxing in a year when the population rose.
A) Timing was never my thing, but can look at it like people wanting something new and challenging / bigger rewards and having the CLASSES COMPLETED , like druid, ranger,knights etc.
B) I am not tech savvy to do proper spacing etc I apologize in advance.
C) I have been around EQEmu for the last 8 years or so. Yes P1999 is population king, leveling 1-60 was a blast, but the endgame raiding is terrible and does not make it fun. Wayfarer's Haven imo is not a failure , but a success for the last 5 years or so.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

We have a really cool new challenge coming almost exactly 1 month from here hehe
Old 09-20-2019, 11:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have a really cool new challenge coming almost exactly 1 month from here hehe
I'm sorry but that doesn't sound fun to me to have a recycling server. It seems like everyone is just there to get the mana robe and the dark elf mask that's clickable on any class. I'm not trying to tell GMs what to do as its your server, but wouldn't it be more fun to give all of your attention to the blue server with the modified content/open up some new doors?. All the while keeping it interesting with GM events rewards: AoN no droppable, Guise, Mana Robe. etc 1 per year or something, just spit balling here.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Nah not even remotely but good luck with your adventures traveler!
Old 09-20-2019, 02:23 PM
Server GM

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:18 PM
VIP / Contributor

Project 2002 shut down and what's left of it became this server.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 09-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 2002 shut down and what's left of it became this server.
The client was changed recently for reasons I do not know, but nobody lost their characters as everything was the same, only thing that changed was the client to log in to the server.
Closed Thread