Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Default Merchants of Highpass Faction Broken

I have turned in at least 100 orc scalps, 200 gnoll scalps and 100 goblin ears and I have never moved up from dubious faction... on two separate toons...

Can someone PLEASE check in to this... I just want to get to apprehensive so I can use the merchants...

PS The two toons are an agnostic DE Rogue and an agnostic DE Wizard

PSS I have never gotten a negative faction hit...
Old 02-07-2020, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Tarn Visilin (the erudite) isn't on that faction in Highkeep, if that helps. Everyone sells their guard swords to him.

Also for your rogue, if you successfully sneak behind ANY vendor... they'll trade with you <3
Old 02-07-2020, 09:23 PM
Orc

Back in 2000, I distinctly remember getting to good faction with merchants in high keep as a DE SK. On P99 it appears impossible.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Until the impossible is possible, Tarn Visilin trades with anyone (is that classic?)
Old 02-07-2020, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

I thought merchants didn't go below dubious (so they don't agro you). You could be starting from max neg faction and if that's the case you've got a solid ~1100 more turn ins to go before you're actually in the dubious range. I remember seeing similar results when working on Cabilis factions. It took something like 1950 turn ins before I was able to use the merchants.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

-Mcoy
Last edited by mcoy; 02-07-2020 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-08-2020, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought merchants didn't go below dubious (so they don't agro you). You could be starting from max neg faction and if that's the case you've got a solid ~1100 more turn ins to go before you're actually in the dubious range. I remember seeing similar results when working on Cabilis factions. It took something like 1950 turn ins before I was able to use the merchants.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

-Mcoy
This. Con the banker to see what your actual faction is at. You almost assuredly started at Threatening. Good news is if you really haven't gotten any bad faction hits you should be close to apprehensive anyways.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Yep, I've been conning the banker every time I do a major turn in... just really surprised it is taking this freaking long... with 400+ total turn ins I thought I would at least be apprehensive by now...